Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link sales order type - transaction variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need your urgent help.

I wander if there must be a link maintained in VOV8 between order type and transaction variant in order to benefit from screen simplification?

I would like to avoid creating additional order types in order to differenciate screen settings related to different types of sales. Instead I would prefer to have different transaction codes to which I link transaction variants.

I have made a lot of trials but I am not happy with the discovery I have made as described in my question above.

Just to illustrate my findings:

1. The reference transaction is VA01

2. Two transaction variants Z1_VA01 and Z2_VA01 have been created for this transaction (they differ only by default values pre-determined in display only fields which belon to screens located after the initial screen)

3. Two transaction codes Z1_VA01 and Z2_VA01 (for a better follow up I have kept the ID identical with the ID of transaction variants) have been created. Both of them have been linked to the transaction VA01 with the use of transaction variants respectively Z1_VA01 and Z2_VA01.

When I run Z1_VA01 transaction code for sales order type OR the system ignores Z1_VA01 transaction variant.

However when I set up in VOV8 the link OR <> Z1_VA01 the systems picks up this transaction variant.

Unfortunately this approach does not suit me for the following reasons:

a. I do not want VA01 to inherit Z1_VA01 screens when OR sales order type is used. Instead the system should use the standard screens

b. I do not want to multiply order types in order to achieve different sets of default values for different sales cases (transaction variants)

How can I get closer to my target of giving to non-sales warehouse clerks the right to create simple sales orders related to pre-defined sales cases without running the risk of having them to use full screen layout which is complicated and confusing for occasionnal users?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member395955
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Insert "NO_VARIANT" in the Variant field in V0V8. Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

Thank you for reply but it does not help me at all.

Maybe what I have wrote is not clear enough. Or maybe you have just not understood.

I DO NOT WANT to link transaction variant to sales order type!

Unless this is the only way for SAP system to call up customized screens.

I need to have more than one version of customized screens for the same transaction VA01.

In such case is it compulsory to create a specific sales order type per every transaction variant?

If not, is it possible to use different transaction codes which are linked to transaction variants? If so, how can I achieve this? All of my trials in this direction turned out to be unsuccessful.

Andrzej  

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Yes You can assign the Screen Variant to respective Sales Document Type as per below snap :

Create the Screen variant or Transaction Variant in SHDO T-Code and assign in VOV8 T-Code.

Transaction Code :

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kundan