Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.guid.GUIDFormatException

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working on PI 7.31 single stack SP08. I'm getting error in my message mapping with MappingException: Mapping failed, com.sap.guid.GUIDFormatException. There is no other error shown. The mapping works fine in the Test tab and the cache is green. Please do let me know if anyone has faced this issue before.

Regards

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Did you try refreshing CPA cache.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Yeah I did. All cache refreshed.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi varun/all,

we are getting this same error - msg mapping in test tab is working and when running end to end, it is erroring with this error : Mapping failed, com.sap.guid.GUIDFormatException

our pi system 7.31 single stack.

other scenarios are working fine end to end.

hi all, pls tell how to resolve this error.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the java mapping XML inbound is the same that the used in the test tab and you have did all the suggestions without effect I think you should raise a OSS note to SAP.

Regards.

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

This was the freakiest of errors. I had refreshed all the cache. I was using some parameterized mappings with soap and rfc adapters. I created new comm channels to be refferred by the parameters and it started working. Weird but it worked.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

This worked for me too.. its really crazy.. Please mark your response has the only solution to this issue so that it will help everyone.

I too was using parameterized mapping and first chaneged the name of the parameters it didnt work then i created a new channel and it started to work..

rgds

aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can also confirm, that using a new created channel will solve this issue, even the new channel has the same setting as the old one. It must be something wrong in the cache update.

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for raising this issue. I was facing same error. Having separate RFC Channels one for RFC lookup (parameterized) and one for final receiver helped me resolve this. Thanks a lot!

Wonder why this happens...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I think it is important to note that it doesn't matter which channel is new.  Creating a new channel is not the solution to the issue.  The solution is being sure to use different channels for the operation mapping and the receiver.  As long as channel used by the operation mapping and the channel used to receive the final message are different it will work.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Have you tried the next?:

1. A dummy change in message mapping like to change the description.

2. CPA cache refresh.

3. Copy the object in a new one and use this last.

Regards.

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki

I tried all those steps. It is a java mapping which calls an RFC lookup and a SOAP lookup inside. The mapping works like a charm in test tab.

Regards

Varun