cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly (CAD) to DMS to cfolder queries.....Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we have implemented <b>cfolder 4.0</b> and we are using <b>Inventor prof. 11 CAD tool</b> which is <b>integrated with SAP DMS.</b>

we are facing a problem that,

we upload the part files from Invetor to DMS and then use tcode cfe01 for exporting a file from DMS to Cfolder.

1) Assembly files not getting CHECK IN to DMS >>> error you are not authorized to create BOM.

2) any changes made in part can not be linked to assembly file uploaded explicitely from create doc function in cfolder (b'coz of prob no. 1, we upload assembly files from Local m/c to cfolder).

3) if we upload assembly(after resolving prob no 1) from Inventor to DMS(save & check in)and then from DMS to cfolder (by tcode cfe01), all the child parts will be copied to cfolders or not.

we want to upload only assembly(but all child parts to get uploaded) is it possible?

if Yes how?

e.g.

Parent assmebly file : asm01.iam

child part files : part1.ipt

part2.ipt

<b>WANT:</b>

we need to upload asm01 to DMS and push the same from DMS to cfolder with part1 and part2.

so if we change file part1 and update asm01 and checkin asm01 to DMS all things need not be uploaded.

<b>Current situation:</b>

upload asm01 to cfolder from local m/c.

upload part1, part2 either from local m/c or through DMS to cfolder.

part1 revised so again update asm01 and upload part1 and asm01 to cfolder.

<b>the difference</b>Instead of 2 transactions, only 1 trnasaction of pushing asm01 from Inventor to DMS to cfolder.

waiting with lotsss of pointss....

Niranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

daniel_huber
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

in addition it is possible to export the complete Inventor assembly structure to cFolders directly from CAD Desktop. Therefore you need the setting CDESK_CFOLDER_UPLOAD in TA CDESK_CUS and an additional button "Export to cFolders" appears in the CAD Desktop.

Best regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anantharam,

i hv been using cfe01..

what i want is while pushing Assembly all the child parts should go to cfolder in same command..

thanx anyway.

i have got solution, by using cfe02 explode BOM option i can push child also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you use EasyDMS. Using Easy DMS, you can upload your files directly into SAP DMS after creating a document info record. From SAP DMS, you can use TCODE cfe01 to transfer the documents to cFolders 4.0.