cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA Management - Email Notification Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am currently configuring SLA management for Solution Manager 7.1 ITSM and would like to know what partner function must be used to send the warning and escalations to the manager of a support team? Or is there any other way to cnfigure this.

Regards

Deen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deena,

Please check this.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46493

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer

Yes, I have looked at this but it doesnt give me exactly what I am looking for. Will look into the options provided.

Regards

Deena

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mail to Manager of Support Team!!!

Did you define any Partner function as Manager??

You need to go with new partner function and a partner determination procedure to achieve your requirement.

Feel free to revert.

Regards,

Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raguraman

No we didnt, we tried using an existing predefined conditions but I guess from it now working we should be following the discussions as per this discussion. What are the steps required for us to resolve this issue?

Regards

Deena Govender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deena,

Why not sent email to support manager's email directly?

You can input email address in Processing details of the Action that sents mails.

RG Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent idea, but how do I send to other managers? Each support team has their own manager.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deena,

The decision of partner function is entirely dependent on the customer requirement. There is no hard and fast rule from SAP on which partner function to be used. In my design I chose the Service Team as the point of contact for SLA escalation.

This is configured in the CRMC_ACTION_DEF txn code for following Action Definitions

My settings;

You can add your own Partner Function for this.. like Manager etc. But do remeber that if you add any Z partner function for escalation then it should be part of your one of the partner function in ZMIN or SMIN partner determination procedure. In my case I used SLFN003 Support Team which is already a part of standard Partner Functions of ZMIN (SMIN).

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Thanks for the information. I will look into it. We are using the support team to send email notifications to the users that are assigned to this team. If we were not then I could have used this as the managers email address.

Regards

Deena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

I have tried various options and cant seem to get this to work. Would you be able to shed a little more light in the above matter. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Deena

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah sure, so where exactly are you stuck? Have you maintained the Partner Function?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Yes I have maintained the partner function. What we have done was used the Employee Responsible as per the screenshot below.

Under Define Partner functions we changed an existing to read as per the below.

We then changed the partner determination to below.

Associated the BP to is "Is the employee responsible.." for the appropriate ORG Unit. But when we do our testing the SLA ESC is not being assigned to the Scheduled Actions. We are obviously missing something.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Deena Govender

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, I get it; so what is the Partner Function type used in CRM UI screen? Go to Incident screen in CRM UI, put the cusror on Employee Responsible field; and use F2.. it gives the technical details of that partner.. please paste that screenshot here..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you go.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, in the below SPRO node; pls maintain the Employee Responsible (000014) mas one of the Partner.

You can either append or replace the unused Partners from the below screen with 000014.

Pls paste your screenshot here..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Before I change an existing  or append the new entry, I have a quick question. What will the "Role Type", "Object Relation" and "Search Help" entries be.

Regards

Deena

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deena,

You may maintain them as below;

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Thank you for you assistance and apologies for my late response. I will test this shortly and get back to you.

Regards

Deena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

I have made the changes as described, see screenshot below.

These settings are what is currently being maintained.

When I create a test message, the IRT and MPT ESC are not scheduled. Which results in no notifications being sent to the manager of the support team.

Regards

Deena Govender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deena,

There is a tricky thing 😄

If same BP entered in several partner function action will not be scheduled.

Try this enter in all partner functions different BPs , check this by Business Partners assignment block. Especially take a look at current processor and your partner function

Check this note 895546.

There is a BADI that controls this behavior you can deactivate it.

Rg Dan