cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block data transfer of certain tables in data transfer activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are running Time slice based TDMS extraction.

Currently we are in Data Transfer activity. Is it possible at this stage to block data transfer of certain tables, for ex: Y/Z tables to receiver system?

Thanks & Regards,

Pravat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pravat,

By-default Z/Y tables are marked for full transfer, now if you wanted to exclude them from transfer then you have to use the troubleshooter for Start Data Transfer Activity. To do so, select this activity and expand the troubleshooter, there you will find "troubleshooting for Migration Objects", expand this then use the troubleshooting option "Exclude Migration Objects from Current Transfer".

Regards,

Anita Rathi

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Anita, the SAP delivered time slice scenarios do not account for Y/Z tables; if you were to create a custom time slice to account for the custom tables then they would be accounted in the project/package.  Another option is with BPL to account for the custom tables.

Reference:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1312578

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Billy, Standard SAP time based scenario do consider Z/Y but as I said by-default these are transferred in full until unless customer does not chose reduction criteria for those tables in activity "Maintain table reduction".

As per thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1312578 , if SAP standard reduction is choosen in activity maintain table reduction then reduction criteria will be applied to only standard SAP tables and Z/Y tables will not be considered for reduction that is they will be transferred in full. It does not means that Z/Y tables will not be transferred at all.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Anita, so in conversing with someone who attended TDMS10 with me; both of us were under the impression that custom tables were not included with the default Time Slice scenarios.  I reviewed the TDMS10 book to find any references of Z tables and if they are copied or not; sadly I found a lack of information.

I also confirmed with a new system I have been running TDMS refreshes on, and se16 does show numerous Z tables.

This makes me wonder why it is so difficult to find information about this??

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Billy: You can find information about Z tables (customer specific tables) in TDMS FAQ and I guess it should be there in master guide as well, but in FAQ I am sure its there...

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Y/Z tables are never calculated into a Time Slice activity, unless you specify them at the start of the project/package.

Now if you have a Z field in a standard table it will copy over due to the table being standard.