cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close browser window in poratal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed webdynpro application and  i have written code for close button ( If you click on close button entire browser window  will close). Now it is integrated in  portal, In portal they have added logo  frame at top of my application (Both logo and my application are integrated to another url ) if i click on close button it is closing only my application( It is not closing logo and browser window) I want to close browser window completely when i click close button. Please help to solve this issue   very urgent... Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Giriprasad Paladugu

TransAltus Management Consulting

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giriprasad,

I have not tried this myself within a portal environment, but take a look at the information in these links regarding use of the CLOSE_WINDOW parameter in exit plugs.  I'm unsure this will work within a portal environment, but maybe it's worth a try.

Normally, the behavior you describe is handled by the portal's logoff link and not the applications embedded within the portal. It is possible to configure the logoff behavior to close all open portal windows.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your response,

I have gone through the links provided by you but its not working for me. As you said portal's will take care of this here the requirement is in such a way that close should happen from application .

Thanks,

Giriprasad Paladugu

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giriprasad,

The only other option I can think of (and again, I have not tried this myself so don't know if the portal will permit this) is to have your close button trigger an exit plug, and have the application configured in SICF (see Error Pages > Logoff Page) with an explicit logoff page which contains javascript to close the browser window.

The javascript necessary to close the browser window is discussed here...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/57854/how-can-i-close-a-browser-window-without-receiving-the-do-y...

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Thank you. I will try to implement it.

Thanks,

Giriprasad Paladugu