cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Publishing BO Dashboards On Mobile & IPAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a requirement to publish Dashboards & Webi reports on Mobile & IPAD .

Currently we are implementing BI 4.1.

We have referred few blogs but still we are not clear with the below points:

1) Do we required to configure any additional  server to publish the Dashboards on Mobile or IPAD or BI 4.1 have any feature to publish?

2) What are the steps we need to follow & Prerequisites ?

Thanks in Advance

BR

Aakash G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Aakash,

No special configurations are required to publish dashboards on ipad or iphones

For BI 4.1, you should be able to use Dashboards for androids as well.

Also, Dashboards do not require any categories. If they are available under the Public Folder, they will be seen on the ipad as well.

Make sure the Dashboards are designed accordingly for mobile display.

To do so, while designing dashboards from the Dashboard design tool, check the Mobile Configuration browser.

This will show you if there are any components that may or may not work with mobile.

A exclamation or warning sign should be displayed around different components used.

Once done, then save the dashboard for mobile and launchpad.

Preview the same from the Dashboard design tool.

if the preview is success, it will work on your mobile device as well.

The above stands correct for BI 4.0 or BI 4.1

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thank u for details explanation.

While searching related doc's i saw your blog "

How to Connect SAP BO Mobile to a BI Server 4.0"

In that comments i saw your reply for praveen's question.

"

Well yes, if the web tier is on a different box, i suggest you go to Business objects installation on that machine and click on modify installation.

check if the mobile components are selected. If they are not, simply check them and complete the installation.

If web tier installation was done with all checks, you should be able to see Mobile14 folder as well as MobileBIService war file under tomcat/webapps "

As explained above do we need to install BO on different box?

As explained above BI 4.1 is installed on my machine and i have downloaded BO mobile application in my mobile.

I have developed Dashboard with mobile display.

So i need to provide the connection details in my mobile apps to share the Dashboard's in my mobile or IPAD. Or still i'm missing anything here.

If Yes kindly let me know.

As i'm very new to BO. I'm a BI consultant

Thanks

BR
Aakash G

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Aakash,

Thanks!!

Wel, if you see you have BI 4.1 installed on your box. I am assuming it is a full build installation and it is a standalone box .

If full installation was done, that means the default application server tomcat was installed.

If yes, then you do not have to install any other component for mobile on the server.

As you have BO mobile application on you mobile now, you need to provide the connection details as mentioend in the blog to connect to your BO server.

When dashboards are developed, saved for desktop and mobile and exported back to repository under public folders

Login with administrator id on ipad or android and you should be able to see them.

The connection details have to be done, otherwise the client mobile ap will not be able to communicate with the BO server

Once you configure the settings as per the blog, just post a screen shot here if you are facing any issues

Also, as your installation is done for BI 4.1, run this URL to check if the MobileBIService war file is working ok?

http://servername:port/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion

you should get a xml reply stating the version of the service

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul i got it now. Thanks for your time .

former_member226980
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

When I run the mentioned URL , I got the following error.

Please find the below attached screen shot and let me know solution to over come this issue.

Thanks,

Sai.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Would request you to create a new post for this error message, as it is not related to previous post.

Also, in the new post, do mention which version do you use and what is the url that you use

Regards,

Atul B

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Publish your dashboards in Mobile category under corporate categories in BI Launch pad.

Please follow the steps below afterwards.

1.    1. From your ipad , open the App Store and search for SAP BusinessObjects Mobile app. Install the   application on your ipad.

2.    2. Once the application is installed, you will see the application icon on you iPad. Click on the icon to launch the application

1.    3. In the landing page, please click CONNECT to create a new connection.

1.    4. Give your connection a name and fill in all the required server details and click DONE

1.    5. Select YES to connect to the newly created connection.

1.    6.Provide the BO user credentials and click CONNECT.

1.    7.Once you are connected to the server, a list of available dashboards will be displayed. Click on any dashboard to download and view the dashboard.

Thanks,

Meera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meera,

Thanks for detail explanation.

So we dont required to configure any server right?

What are the Pre-requisites for BI 4.1?

BR

Aakash G