Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic deterimination of storage type / section / bin in POSC control

former_member228520
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In process oriented storage control how the system determines the intermediate destination storage bin automatically based on check box activation of Rules-based indicator.(coniser the process of putaway)

On what parameters system is trying to find destination bin.

from libreary i can see determination is done based on specific rules and no much information which rules it is considering.

Regards

Sastry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry

Below link will help to understand rule base to non rule base.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-38982 by Shashank

if u put rule base flag then Like IB01 is unloading so it will find complete rule for unload and door determination as shown in document.

and for at the same time IPK1 is non rule based so transfer from GR-zone to packing bin.. and packing bin will take from above table its hard core maintenance for table .

At the same time as you as it is packing step you need to assign packing bin to step.

So here system will find step to work center assignment and bin will be taken from table.

I hope above explanation will help you in understanding.

Regards

Suraj

former_member233090
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

Did you check this document.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-38982 by Shashank

Hope this will help you!!

Thanks,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

did you create activity areas? You can maintain an intermediate storage bin for the activity area in customizing at EWM - Master Data - Activity Areas - Assign Storage Bins to AA.

BR

Carsten

former_member228520
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

The bins are maintained with activity area. I maintained the intermediate storage type for the activity area and this is not getting determined automatically. It seems this is coming from process oriented storage control only..can you ealborate your input..

Regards

Sastry

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

Intermediate storage control should be from set up of LOSC.

With regards,

Mrinal

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the automatic determination works differently for each step. For steps like staging and unloading (so the staging areas for GI or GR) you need the complex settings set up in the easy access menu (don't know the transaction codes). For deconsolidation the setting is in customizing (under "Deconsolidation), for a packaging work center it is also in the easy access menu, somewhere under workcenter master data. For QM and VAS I haven't figured it out yet, not sure if it is possible at all for this.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Have you figured how to dynamically trigger QualitY Inspection step in POSC based on the presence of a Inspection document using the rules based indicator/

Many thanks

Najmuddin

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the rule based flag can not be used to dynamically trigger the inspection. It is "dynamic" by having an inspection document or not. If you have an inspection document the system uses the process step to move the material to the workcenter for quality inspection. If you have no document, it does not move the material to the workcenter. That actually works if you have a process defined or not. What you really need is the process step.

I could also not find anything to use the rule base with QM to determine WHERE the inspection should happen.

The only process I know where the rule based flag is used, but together with the entry of a target bin, is for inspection with a sample.

OK, forget what I wrote before. I thought I had it set up without the rule based flag, but was wrong, it is in.

So (and hopefully right this time): the rule based flag in a QM step controls if the system brings the material to the workcenter for quality inspection or not (but indeed it works with or without process oriented storage control. That means you do not have to have a process, but you have to have a process step).

What the rule based flag not enables you, is some kind of automatic determination at which workcenter the quality inspection should happen (like in packing or deconsolidation).

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Message was edited by: Juergen Pitz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for the reply. This is getting interesting. I tried a scenario with standard 1010 process type and it is creating WT to quality work center which is in line with what you say.

My final question is; how does ewm determine the work center ? There could be multiple process steps with an internal step of QIS for the particular warehouse.

probably that is the final piece of the puzzle

Thanks,

Najmuddin

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

interesting question: "how does ewm determine the work center ? There could be multiple process steps with an internal step of QIS for the particular warehouse."

My gut feeling was "Door Number 3" . Or simply the first one in the list of process steps. Meanwhile, after testing a little bit, I know a little bit more and also have to complete the description I have made yesterday (again).

In your quality inspection rule you need to have an external process step for QM. Otherwise it does not seem to move to the work center at all. And of course it can be only one. So no matter how many process steps for QIS you define - that is the one being used. And from that one you get the destination work center (or actually the bin).

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Juergen for your detailed explanation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under EWM - Mastre Data -  Workcentre - Define Master Data Attributes, you define Storage bin for different workcentre. For ex: If you have OB02 (packing) step with Rule based determination active, then destination bin is retreived from this setting. Similarly, it can work for staging also.

Hope this helps