Did you mean: 

Email Alerts does not work for SOAP Adapter errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

This is an extension on the thread which I created:

<b>

Scenario A:</b>

In this scenario I was working on a prototype to send email whenever an error occurs in the XI Adapter Engine.

<b>Scenario B:</b>

I managed to get the alert to work for File -> XI -> File by setting the File Receiver Adapter to write to an invalid location.

The actual scenario I need is a File -> XI -> SOAP.

In alert configuration, I set "Where did the error occur" -> "Adapter Engine/Adapter Type" -> "File" for Scenario A, and it worked fine.

For Scenario B, I set "Where did the error occur" -> "Adapter Engine/Adapter Type" -> "SOAP" but no alerts were triggered. I verified this in SLG1, after enabling logs for alerts.

In CCMS Monitoring, the type of errors I see are:

PI1 -> J2EE Applications -> PI1 -> SAP XI Adapter Engine -> System Errors -> XI_J2EE_ADAPTER_FILE -> PROCESSING_ERROR -> Number of messages

PI1 -> J2EE Applications -> PI1 -> SAP XI Adapter Engine -> System Errors -> XI_J2EE_ADAPTER_ADAPTER -> GENERAL_ERROR -> Number of messages

I do not see a "XI_J2EE_ADAPTER_SOAP" node.

I'm not sure if they are related, but is there some configuration I need in order to detect SOAP adapter errors?

Please help.

Ron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>I'm not sure if they are related, but is there some configuration I need in order to detect SOAP adapter errors?</i>

You do not need special Configuration for SOAP adapters.

Just make sure that you have selected the SOAP adapter as where did the error occur for Adapter Type.

If no success, then OSS would be the way to go.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did some further tests:

Scenario: File -> XI -> File

Configuration: "Alert Configuration"-> "Where did the error occur?" -> "Adapter Engine/Adapter Type" -> "*"

Result: Alerts are triggered.

Scenario: File -> XI -> SOAP

Configuration: "Alert Configuration"-> "Where did the error occur?" -> "Adapter Engine/Adapter Type" -> "*"

Result: Alerts are NOT triggered.

Scenario: File -> XI -> File

Configuration: "Alert Configuration"-> "Where did the error occur?" -> "Adapter Engine/Adapter Type" -> "File"

Result: Alerts are triggered.

Scenario: File -> XI -> SOAP

Configuration: "Alert Configuration"-> "Where did the error occur?" -> "Adapter Engine/Adapter Type" -> "SOAP"

Result: Alerts are NOT triggered.

Somehow SOAP adapter errors triggering alerts

Any idea?

Please help.

Ron

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ron,

As you are on the latest pack SP 10 PI 7.0, it is possible that this is a bug and so , raising an OSS with SAP should be the way to go.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As explained above if it is not through then may be the OSS prob,but your config is correct.

Also see the SAP Note 912596 - UpPort Of Various fixes done in NW04_SP14 to NW04S_05

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ron,

when use the Scenario: File -> XI -> SOAP . is error occuring in adapter or in mapping if it is in mapping then you cant get alerts as you only configured for adapter errors.

"Configuration: "Alert Configuration"-> "Where did the error occur?" -> "Adapter Engine/Adapter Type" -> "*"

Result: Alerts are NOT triggered"

regards

sreeram.g.reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Ron,

>

> when use the Scenario: File -> XI -> SOAP . is error

> occuring in adapter or in mapping if it is in

> mapping then you cant get alerts as you only

> configured for adapter errors.

All the errors are occuring in the adapter engine.

For File scenario: I am trying to write to an invalid File Path.

For SOAP scenario: I am trying to send to an invalid location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is invalid file path from sender to SOAP,

will it be possible to raise on alert from UDF.

We have an option to raise an alert from UDF.

Triggering XI Alerts from a User Defined Function - /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

also see the below link

Alerts with variables from the messages payload (XI) - UPDATED - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Regards

Chilla..

<i>reward points if it is helpful..</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've raised a request to OSS.

Meanwhile, I will like to ask how can I monitor a SOAP Receiver?

Are there any work-arounds?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check this may be useful..

Troubleshooting SOAP Message - XI - /people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/01/09/troubleshooting-soap-message--xi

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873...

Regards

Chilla..

<i>reward points..</i>

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using Transport Acknowledgements with BPM etc is one option.But, not recommened as you already have the alert framework in place.

Just raise the OSS and till then manually make sure everything is fine.

SAP will be able to crack this for sure.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ron,

what is the error your getting in ur soap adapter.

Meanwhile, I will like to ask how can I monitor a SOAP Receiver?

in visual admin you need to setting for synchorouse logging by default this option is disabled.

regards

sreeram.g.reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Ron,

>

> what is the error your getting in ur soap adapter.

>

>

Here's an extract from RWB-MessageMonitoring.

2007-03-13 12:41:17 Error SOAP: error occured: java.net.UnknownHostException: ootspweb01

2007-03-13 12:41:17 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: ootspweb01

2007-03-13 12:41:17 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: ootspweb01.

2007-03-13 12:41:17 Error The message status set to NDLV.

> Meanwhile, I will like to ask how can I monitor a

> SOAP Receiver?

>

> in visual admin you need to setting for synchorouse

> logging by default this option is disabled.

May I know in detail what does this setting do, and how this might help monitoring SOAP receiver?