Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch derivation problem

frederic_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've a problem with bath derivation. I did the complete customizing for it.

I want to derive the batch characteristic 'Country of origin'.

Stating a manual batch derivation (DVMAN) I entered the receiver material and batch number and do the manual derivation.

looking the protokol it says derivation created.

In DVMON everything seems to be ok -> derivation OK and I can see the sender (material, batch and the Characteristic country of origin which contains CH), and the receiver (material, batch and the Characteristic country of origin which also contains CH).

The problem is looking the receivers batch with MSC3N, the characteristic country of origin wasn't updated.

Has anyone an idea ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Fred

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Country of orign is a field value, not a characteristic.  What value shows up in the basic data one screen in MSC3n of the receiver batch?  Of the sender batch?

CS

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said by CS,please assign the Country of the origin of the material field(HERKL) from table MCH1 to Sender and received materials in t.code DVCO for Derivative event level or DVR1 & DVS1 t.codes.  

Please recheck process and revert .

frederic_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answers.

I know the Standard field, but in our case we have to follow up all countries of origin from the products in our Materials. It means that one Batch can have in the Country of origin CH and FR for example. Therefore we had to create a Characteristic and cannot use the Standard field.

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If possible kindly share the settings for Manual Derivation event for receiving material in the t.code DVCO.

frederic_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not have do settings in DVCO. Derivation seems to be OK -> looking DVMO the derivation found 3 countries for the receiver:

but the receiver's batch characteristic wasn't updated:

Is there something missing or a step I missed ?

thank you

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Ok, I hope this is some type of assembly or kit that you package up and that the components may have different COO's.  In that case I assume your characteristic must be a multiple value characteristics list countries and it is not field referenced to the COO field.  In this case, all materials making up the kit or assembly must be defined as senders.  You need to make sure in the rule that it is the set of values and not the union of values to be derived.  CS
frederic_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Did the customizing for material types as follow :

DVR1:

DVS1:

...and nothing in DVCO.

is there something missing ?

Should I do an entry in DVCO (I don't think so because it must be done for all materials which have a certain type) ?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you doing this as a push derivation?  Wouldn't you do this as a pull?

Also, have you tried to do a manual derivation?  If so, it should provide you some error messages to troubleshoot your problem.

And lastly, you have made sure that everything shows up in the batch where uses list correctly right?

Craig