cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVAGui does not start under OSX Mavericks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded my OSX to the latest version (Mavericks). After the installation JAVAGui never starts up again!

Any idea?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of JavaGUI? 7.30 is working fine for me after the 10.9 upgrade.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I am using 7.30rev4, but this is not a Java issue I guess, because there is not even an error message. This simply does nothing when I start the App...

Thanks,

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I'm using something older. So old it isn't supposed to work, in fact! Now I'm reluctant to upgrade in case it breaks...

I would try an uninstall and re-install, I guess. Beyond that I'm at a loss. At least you know it is supposed to work!

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Finally I managed to solve it...

After a reboot I tried to start JavaGUI again and it was asking me to update my Java to 6.x...

I had Oracle 7.01 Java, but I accepted it. After installation it works like a charm!

So thumbs up to Mavericks!

Thanks,

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm running Java 6 also. I guess 7 is to be avoided for the moment?

Steve.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like it's specifically Java 7 update 25 and newer that is to be avoided (unless you use the latest revs of JavaGUI).  We're actually having problems with the latest Java 7 updates with multiple web-based applications within our organization, and the workaround is to push Java 7 update 21 to clients and block auto-updates until it can be resolved.  It appears that update 25 introduced new security features, such as frequent code signing expirations, and while these things are probably sorely needed, there are some... ahem... growing pains, shall we say.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt, that's very helpful.

Steve.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyway, why is it asking for java 6 when it's supposed to work with java 7?

I'm having problems with this (7.30 rev 4) too. I have java jdk 7u21 installed and no java 6.

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jre7 rev 44 works with JavaGui 7.3 rev 4

It was not designed to run on Jre6, so at best,it's considered a workaround rather than a fix.

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1876835

Make sure you are running at least 7.30 rev 4

Regards,

Jude