cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if both customer and supplier has SNC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all,

I am quite new about SAP SNC and have lots of questions.

One question is, in the scenario that one supplier has implemented SNC which will be used to collaborate with their customers. But their customer also implemented SNC which will be used to collaborate with their supplier. In case, if the supplier wants to send their message to the customer, should the message go through supplier ERP->supplier SNC->customer SNC-> customer ERP? If so, seems like the flow is not efficient since it is double via SNC in the whole supply chain. Is my understand correct?

What will be best solution of collaboration for this scenario?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

It will be good as communication between ECC & SNC always happen via PI/XI for transactional data.

If we consider your scenario supplier using SNC and customer also using SNC.

and also all transactional data for customer will flow from PI/XI to customer and here there won't be any need for custom mapping as both are using SNC.(This will reduce the cost as most of the time there will be custom mapping for integrating the supplier/customer non SAP system).

Solution for collaboration will depend on which scenarios you are going to use.

If you are planning to implement VMI process (SNC implemented by Supplier) then it will be good if you use SNC to create order as you will get demand/forecast/stock data from Customer SNC to your supplier SNC based on that order can be created with minimal cost.

Other option if supplier is not going to implement SNC then you can integrate with customer SNC system via PI.

But before you decide check the business the requirement and then take decision.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nikhil,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Actually the supplier are planning to implement VMI process. In this case, should the flow be supplier_ERP<->supplier_SNC<->customer_SNC<->customer_ERP which means both the supplier and the customer have to use SNC?

BTW, may I have your email address:-)

Thanks again.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I think in your scenario just one SNC needs to be used, I don't see any benefit or function of the other SNC system.

1. If your supplier is deploying VMI process with your organization. They will take complete responsibility of the process, so they would use their own SNC system to come up with the plan and create SO is their back end system, and create POs in your ECC system.

2. The other option would be to use your SNC system, and you would enable SMI for them, so this way they would create a PO in your system and SO in their system.

I think it is about who creates the  final forecast. From your previous comments i think it would be option #1.

Answers (0)