Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSIS table - client copy problem

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have done client local copy from client A to client B... At the end of client copy it ends with the error, table BSIS table is not copied... I thought its the only table not copied so users started using the client B... And we tried to copy the BSIS table alone from Client A to Client B for more than 2 trials in sap level and oracle level..... But it always ends with the error.... When we raised a OSS message to SAP, they says us to do client copy again... But its been 2 months client copy was done... So If i done the client copy from client A to client B again.. What about the last two months data in client B?? Is it possible to recover it??

Note: Changes made in client B will not affect client A.

Regards,

RaJiTh R s

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you use the Customising Cross-System Viewer (transaction SCU0) to merge the data across the two clients?

I know you can do this across systems, but I've not tried across two clients of the same system.

You also need to bear in mind, that BSIS is not a table on it's own.  The relational tables may have been updated also.

You would be better retrying the copy of the entire client.

Do you have any logs for the failed import in the /usr/sap/trans/logs  directory?

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raith,

It all depends on the client copy profile which you are choosing for client copy. Please go through this for clear understanding about client copy profiles

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem40bw/helpdata/en/c2/17e73a86e99c77e10000000a114084/content.htm

regards,

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a dev/qas/prodn system because BSIS pertains to the

BSIS -  GL open items.

check in client B entries in BSIS table for last two months, in dev/qas there will be no entries.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you will again do the client copy then all data in client B will be overwritten. So, there is no way to recover changed data.

Thanks,

Sunny

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sunny,

But in my case i have to recover... Is there any other way?? Please suggest any solution..

Regards,

RaJiTh R s

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajith,

Create a new client called C, copy this client B to client C. So your changes are safe in client C. Now do a client copy from A to B.

regards

kartik

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi karthik,

I can do that?? But i want last 2 months data in client B... How can i do??

Regards,

RaJiTh R s

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Rajith,

I don't think we can restrict data from overwriting when performing client copy. Is it customizing or transaction data which you want to remain same in client B.

regards

kartik