cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking Issue experienced in Planning Books by different Users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I could see a few discussions on similar issue but didnt see them getting closed. Hence opening this thread with the issue which I am facing currently.

2 of us are using different selections while trying to access the same planning book(data view).

Selection by User 01:

Show 'Product Brand' which meets the following conditions:

Sales Org- X

Product Brand- A, B

Channel- *

Business Unit- Z

Selection by USer 02:

Show 'Material' which meets the following conditions:

Sales Org - X

Product Category- K

Channel-*

Business Unit-Z

*Product Brand and Product Category characteristics are also attributes of the characteristic 'Material'

None of the CVCs pertaining to Selection made by User 01 are common to any of the CVCs pertaining to selections made by User02.

Still the second user is getting locked by user no. 1.

We have activated Live Cache lock with Key fig specific lock and do not lock read only key figures options checked.

One important thing is that this locking is not happening when 'Detailed Lock' option is used.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal, to understand how the lock entries are created is not quite easy, but note 1130258 is a good referrence. The way I always suggest my customer to check is:

1)Load selection 1 into change mode

2)Push 'Goto' -> 'Lock Entries' from the menu, and memo what you see in the popup screen.

3)Do the same for selection 2.

4)Compare the lock entries of selection 1 and selection 2.

** As long as there are same lock entry of the two selctions, the selections will lock each other.

'Detailed Lock' is less restrictive than the other locks.

You can refer to online help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/77/d4103d2669752de10000000a114084/frameset.htm for some more detailed information.

But for general users, above 4 steps would be enough.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Some lock entries will be same for both the users (for characterstic values which are common in both). For example, in both the lock entires- I will see the following locked

Sales Org- X

Channel- *

Business Unit- Z

However, this should not affect anything. Because rest of the Lock Entries are different.

Also, detailed lock is less restrictive than Aggregate lock, not Live Cache lock. Live Cache lock is the most precise lock of the three. Please let me know if you any comments on this.

Thanks,

Kunal

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

OK, I did not mention liveCache lock here. Sorry.

And about the lock entries, what you proposed should not be the lock entries, because there should not be '*' in lock entries. Please review my proposed steps carefully.

As long as there's one same entry for the two selections, they lock each other, though others are different.

Here I think you have some misunderstanding.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Application of Note 1448436 resolved this issue.

Thanks,

Kunal

Answers (0)