SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Hierarchy in Promotions and Retail Pricing

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Retail Experts,

I had a question regarding setting up specific price hierarchies in SAP Promotions. Let's say you create two promotion types, one being a 'weekly advertisement' and one being a 'temporary price reduction'. For an individual article within the same date range, can we set up a price hierarchy where the weekly ad must always be a lower retail price than the 'temporary price reduction'? Similarly, you shouldn't be able to create a promotion for an article with a higher price than the regular retail price

SAP gives you a warning when you're creating a promotion for an article in the same period as an existing article. Can we set up this price hierarchy where you will get an error if you try to create a higher price for an ad than an existing 'temporary price reduction' for the same article in the same date range?

Thanks in advance,

D

7 REPLIES 7

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Your promotion requirements can be categorized in two ways as per my understanding.

Your weekly advertisement promotion can be defined normally using SAP promotion transaction codes WAK1 / WAK2 / WAK3.

The Temporary reduction promotion should be defined using a special feature of SAP IS Retail and that is Markdown planning where you can temporary reduce the price (of course with validity).

I do not think there is any provision in SAP which can validate the current promotion price with any other promotion, it has to be followed as a business process.

I hope this will help you. Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply! You make valid points in that SAP doesn't have a standard solution to limit the creation of promotion prices which are higher than the regular retail price.

There's also another option in WAK1 where you set the a specific % discount for the entire Merchandise Category. Then you also have the option of taking an article from the said MC and creating another 'price reduction' in the 'fast entry' screen for the same promotion. We would like SAP to disallow such practice.

I figured the best way to address this would be through some kind of enhancement. Would you have any suggestions on how to approach this enhancement. Specifically one that wouldn't allow you to break these rules. Where you would get an error message, as opposed to just getting a warning.

Thanks,

D

0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

You can try implementing your own validation in Business Add-In for Promotion.

Path: SPRO: Logistic General -> Retail Promotion -> Business Add-In for Promotion

From here, you take the BADi WAKT_BADI_001_IMPL and try to implement method SUGGEST_STANDARD_SALES_PRICE. 

Here you can put your own logic for price.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Thanks Amit, I was considering the same BADi. Would it work to not allow the user to enter the same article in Fast Entry, MC/Article Hierarchy % Discounts, and Bonus Buys? What kind of flexibility does this option provide?

We would at least like to see a warning in WAK1/2 when you're trying to create a Bonus Buy for an article, when it's already in the promotions (Fast Entry or MC level discount).

Thanks in advance,

D

0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

See, not allowing user means, if the user enters the price like that it will give Error and that is how it can prevent. Using an ABAP code, you can give an error message which will serve your purpose.

By default, system gives warning message when the same article is involved in multiple promotions.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

The 'warning message' is given when the article is in multiple promotions in the same time period.

We actually wanted to be alerted if the same article was in multiple 'areas' of WAK1 in the same promotion, i.e. part of 'fast entry, as part of a bonus buy and part of a merchandise category that was 30% off.

You don't want the user to be allowed to enter the article in that many different 'deals' all within the same promotion in WAK1

0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

After looking at your requirement, if we customized the standard promotion process, with these many enhancement the performance will be affected. So, I would suggest to follow the standard process and in case if it is required, you take SAP's opinion through OSS note.

Regards,

Amit