cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with RFC-to-File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have a Problem with my simple RFC-to-file Scenario! A function block in the backend System delivers data to PI, which should be written to a file. So, there is no Response, it is just a simple one-way communication. Therefore i created the following design objects. The strcuture of the file Comes from the external Definition which is a .dtd file. Fact is, that the file is created, which is fine, But in SXMB_MONI, i get an error message: Mapping program is not available in runtime cache: Object ID
6EED1F22D85E3AEFA61699ECB177E67F Software Component
14CD9CA0371F11E3BBE5C7390A328479

In other Blogs i read, that maybe the Response or error mapping is missing, and that this is the cause for the error. But, i don't have any Response Parameters in my function block and also don't Need any!

Is there anything that i am missing?

BR, EF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elmar,

Try to refresh only the object in the cache:Note 1377033 - How to perform a Single Repository Object Cache Refresh

Try to clear SLD Cache: go to the Administration pages -> Tab "Repostory"/ Tab  "Directory" -> Java Virtual Machine Cache -> Select "SLD Cache" and press "Refresh Selected Caches".

If all fails try to copy the message mapping in another one, use this in your operation mapping, delete the old one and activate. Later take the message mapping copied and copy to the original name and link it with the operation mapping and activate. In the interface determination take it another time and activate.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I tried everything you said, but it didn't help ;( Could you tell me, if my scenario is correct, or did i Forget to implement something? Maybe that it must be synchronous instead of asynchronous when calling with an RFC function block?

BR, EF

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you select Quality of service as EO in the RFC sender channel?

have you tested the configuration in ID using Test Configuration? did you get the same error?

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Yes, i tried to test, but i get the same error ... now i have found a very strange solution, and maybe you could explain this to me. I implemented a "dummy" mapping for the Response ... but there should and can be no Response from a file Adapter!! But, now the error is gone!

I dont know, why PI wants to have a Response mapping!? I do not have a Response from a file Adapter, so first i didnt implement one, but now it works. I just put the RFC Response for source and target into the mapping but didnt connect them. Now, it works and the error is gone, but i dont know why!

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Qos of RFC adapter if it is enabled as BE then change it to EO

and also try to check the RFC message definition if that contains response message only..

one work around is to  create the service interface of receiver as sync and create dummy mapping for response and leave it...

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2011/03/07/unleash-synchronous-scenarios

Check the above blog for more info.

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The dummy Workaround works But, why do i Need a dummy mapping for a Response, when i dont have a Response? I want to write data to a file, and there is no Response. So, why do i Need a mapping? I just wanted to have an asynchronous Scenario ...?

BR, EF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because i followed the instructions from a book of SAP Press. The Scenario given was asynchronous and i don't have an Explanation why i have to use a synchronous Scenario with a dummy mapping. Any ideas why this happens?

BR, EF

Pranil1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Elmar,

Check your interface determination.

It might be possible that interface determination is not configured or that the interface determination is missing in the cache.

Refer below troubleshooting guide for more information.

SAP PI Troubleshooting Guide

Regards,

Pranil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranil!

My Interface Determination Looks good, all necessary objects are there ... i really checked everything a couple of times, but this is strange.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elmar,

Do some changes in interface determination like giving some description and selecting operation mapping. then save and activate.

Test it in ID using Test Configuration.

if it works try to end to end testing.

still not working then do the cache refresh.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Just made some changes, but didn't help. Even a Cache refresh had no Impact ... Is it possible, that a mapping is missing? I only Need a mapping for RFC-to-File but None for Response data...

Could you tell me, if my configuration Looks ok, or have i done something wrong?

BR, EF