cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing HTTP Method from GET to POST in RFC Connection (Type G)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have a RFC Connection with Connection Type G "HTTP Connection to external Server".

The RFC Connection doesn't work. The Connection Test give us an Error (HTTP Error 502 (Proxy Error)).

After Asking the responsible Person on external Server Side, I get the Information that the reason is the HTTP Method GET, which is used by our RFC Connection.

My Question is: How can I change the HTTP Method on my RFC Connection (Type G) from GET to POST?

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid this cannot be changed. You need to do modification.

If you would like to do modification, you can refer to relevant code in code correction of note 1597000.

Thanks.

Jim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cetin,

Try sending actual data so that your request contains an HTTP Body and see if the method turns from GET to POST. You can use the function module HTTP_POST and use your rfc destination there.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

thank you for your advice, but I use the RFC Connection (which is defined in SM59) in the HTTP-Adapter in PI System. Using the HTTP_POST Function Module is useful to test  in an ABAP Programm but unfortunately not in my case.

Regards

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cetin,

That function module is also existing in your PI system (ABAP part) and you can test it using the rfc destination/s you have defined in sm59. There is no need to write a program.

Regards,

Mark