cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial quantity deliver as sample and on approval from customer deliver remaining quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have requirement where I need to deliver partial sales order quantity say 5-10% as a samples to customer and ones I receive confirmation about acceptance of sample, remaining quantity needs to be deliver. If any one has build up such scenario, please share how this can be achieved in SAP.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Chetan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Why cant we use POD relevance in this scenario???

Phanikumar

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes,your are right .POD is well fit for this scenario.

Thanks,

Naren

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It all depends on how your clients' Finance team would like to account such inventories.

One way is you can follow Jignesh's suggestion which is from SD side.  The other way is to track from FI side which means, you will have separate pricing procedure, separate document type and of course, a new Account Key which needs to be assigned to your pricing type.  For this new Account Key, a G/L account towards sales promotion needs to be assigned in VKOA.  With the above settings, you can not only track from SD side but also from FI side as to how much samples your client had despatched.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

First tell me whatever the sample you are sending to customer after his approval are you going to charge for this sample also?

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Yes we will charge for the sample also.

Thanks

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Chetan now tell me where exactly you are getting stuck?

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to record acceptance of customer for the sample sent for sales order.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You are saying ,we will charge for sample also .Actually,if the customer accepted your sample then only yo can charge money from him.

charging the money from customer is nothing but acceptance .

If you want to show some thing like with field of this then go by use unused filed for this in sales orderlevel .

Thanks

Naren

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chetan,

Say if total order quantity is 100 tons, enter two line items of the same meterial with different quantities.

LIne Item 1 - 5 Tons

Line Item 2 - 95 Tons.

Now whenever you create Sales Order, insert automatic Delivery Block at Sales Order level (T-Code VOV8).

Now an authorized person will first release Delivery block for Line Item 1, which for you are samples & create Delivery & INvoice. Upon receipt of Customer's approval, the authorized person will remove Delivery block for 2nd Line Item so that users can create Delivery & Invoice. 

Thanks,

JIgnesh Mehta