Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Description in Calculation View

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have business suite on HANA and I have created Analytical view on VBRK and VBRP.

In the semantic tab, I entered the label for all the fields.

When I use this Analytical View in Lumira, it shows me description/label for the field and that is fine.

Now, I am using same analytical view in a calculation view and when using this calculation view in Lumira, I am getting field names e.g. MATNR not description.

please let me know what would have gong wrong.

Regards,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I faced the similar situation and found the below workaround.

**Note: Reporting tool i was using is "AO"

On Analytic view it worked but when i consumed it in calculation view it didn't work.

But when i re-enabled all the label columns i need using "Description Mapping" as shown below it showed  up again.

Please note that it is the same for both Graphical & Script based calc views.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

First check the table definition on which view is based and see is the Comment field has description. If not then we can give the description by below query as shown in screenshot.

COMMENT ON COLUMN "schema_name"."table_name"."column_name" is 'give description like this.....'';

Regards

Raj

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply but this approach did not work.

I figured out that we need to provide the description in Output section of the calculation view and then it is showing up in Lumira (however I coundnt get the description in existing document but was able to see that in new document).

Regards,

Gaurav

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After adding the Comment in table, it will not reflect in existing calculation view even if you redeploy the view. It will reflect only when you create a new information view on this table.

The other way which you opted is to directly edit the semantics and add the description. But if you built any other information view based on that table then again you need to add the description every time you create the view.

If you are still in development and is easy to re-create the view then adding comments on table is the best option.

Regards

Raj

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj, I will definitely try this option (just for my satisfaction that it works).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow-up Question:

According to the HANA documentation the SQL command COMMENT ON COLUMN works for tables and views.

I tried the below statement.

COMMENT ON COLUMN "_SYS_BIC"."query_name"."MANDT" is 'Client';

It seems to execute fine however (no error message or such) but it doesn't change anything --> it says Rows Affected: 0

Any Suggestions (have several queries with many columns and wanted to use this short cit)

thanks

Elmar