cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup HTTP client for HTTP to File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

i have a scenario wherein one of our clients is sending invoices(as XML message) over HTTP(client is outside our landscape) and i have to to send this invoice to a File system from where it will be picked up by an ABAP code(picking of the file has to be done by ABAper so i m not concerned with that)

the way i m starting off this project is that

i will create a sender and receiver data type,message type and Message interface,Message mapping is 1-1 so its kinda simple and then Interface mapping.

in configuration i wont be creating and sender communication channel and sender Agreement,i need receiver communication channel,receiver determination and interface determination.

does my design and configuration looks good to you guys?

also i waz goin through some threads and it says that i need to setup HTTP client for this scenario and then specify a URL in a specific format.

where will i setup the HTTP client and where will i specify the URL?

thanx

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

><i>does my design and configuration looks good to you guys?</i>

Is correct.

><i>where will i setup the HTTP client and where will i specify the URL?</i>

Take a look at this thread and check the HTTP Client code.

Copy the code and save it as a HTML file and you have the HTTP Cliet ready. GIve the details of your server, sender service, interface etc and trigger the call to XI.

In a real time scenario, you will need to use the URL used in the HTTP Client code from your WebApplication to trigger the call to XI.

/message/266750#266750 [original link is broken]

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Bhavesh for ur help

the HTTP client i m gonna create with the HTML file is to be used only for testing purpose,right?

>>GIve the details of your server, sender service, interface etc and trigger the call to XI.

do i need to provide this detail to my client(he is sending the HTTP)?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As explained by above , your scenario is correct,and you would have to configure the URL which will be used to send it to IE.

See below link to get the URL and some HTTP Sender scenarios

Regards

Chilla..

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>the HTTP client i m gonna create with the HTML file is to be used only for testing purpose,right?</i>

Yes. It is a test tool.

><i>

do i need to provide this detail to my client(he is sending the HTTP)?</i>

Yes. In real time the call will be made from a HTTP Page / it is be a HTTP post message to XI. So, you client when posting the message would need to create the URL as in the HTTP Client ( its simple java script ) and use the URL to post the message in real time.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Chilla

do i need to make use of XI adapter on the sender side?

i saw in one of the threads that for HTTP to File scenario,XI adapter was configured on the sender side?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not required,

But when you use the sender as proxy then you need to use XI adapter.

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

You do not need a XI adapter for a HTTP to File scenario.

XI adapters are used when dealing with Proxies.

Also, just like there are no sender HTTP adapters there are no Sender XI adapters/

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx Bhavesh

from tomorrow onwards i m gonna start working on this project and will get back to sdn if i hit any roadblocks.

thanx for ur help guys

ahmad

Answers (0)