Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Customer Material Number for processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Here's the scenario I am faced with:

1) Customer places their order via EDI only referencing their  part number.

2) SAP will convert their part number into our part # using the customer material info record  (CMIR)

3) Upon goods issue of our part number, we will need to invoice Customer with their part # as the primary part on the invoice so they will pay us. 

Business Objective:  To have EDI order created utilizing Customer's CMIR

I would like to know what steps are involved with all the smallest details possible, logic etc.

Thank you for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Albert,

Assuming you are receiving sales order using EDI 850 (ORDERS05 basic type IDOC):

1) Ensure you setup CMIRs in SAP (VD51) - in this transaction you will map your SAP part number to customer's material number

2) When EDI 850 comes in, the customer material number will be in segment E1EDP19 where the qualifier is '001' and IDTNR is the customer's material number. When the IDOC creates the sales order, the system will automatically map the CMIR to the SAP part number provided you've done step 1. (note: You can review ORDERS05 segment/field in WE60)

3) The sales order stores the CMIR on the line level (VBAP-KDMAT) and it gets copied over to the invoice as well.

4) If you are invoicing using EDI 810 (INVOIC02 basic type), then the CMIR will be in the E1EDP19 segment again with same qualifier. If you're invoicing using hardcopy invoice form, then the form can pull customer's material number from VBRP-KDMAT.

Let me know if this helps.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you very much for your help. I do have a couple of questions though: how do I check that we receive orders using EDI 850 (ORDERS05 basic type IDOC)? As a second part of the same questions how do I check that we invoicing customer using EDI 810 (INVOIC02) basic type? I am completely new to IDE and IDoc. 😞

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check in WE02 and put ORDERS05 in the basic type field. Is EDI running or are you setting it up? Do you have an EDI team there?

Answers (0)