cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Characteristics value not updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an issue with the Batch Characteristics GW Assay/Potency value is not updated automatically when UD is done for the inspection lot.

The status of Batch Characteristics is released and MIC has been linked with the Inspection Plan.

The Characteristics value for GW Assay/Potency is not updated and other Characteristics(Date of last GR/UD) value in the Batch are updated.I could see other lots concerned to same batch which does not have issue.

I have checked the Program and Functional Module concerned for Batch Release and Updation Where I could find nothing on why this Characteristics

Value updation was not done.

Could you please help me on this.

Thank you.

BR

Siddartha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.first check the class charecteristic,whether recently anything has been changed in it,as you said same class char was working fine in previous inspection lots.

2.Check the MIC in which this class char is assigned.check limits and quantitative data should be same as that of the class char.

3.Make sure that,this MIC has not been recently changed.

4.Lastly check whether you have any z development such as any function module etc which could influence this.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Many Thanks for all your replies.

We have wrote to SAP even and after analysis we came to know that there was program which has skip

to update the Batch Characteristic GW Assay/Potency.

The Functional Module associated with this update of characteristics value has skipped to do so.

As we are using Ver 4.6 we have update the program.

Again thanks.

Regards

Sid

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sid,

Any chance you can elaborate or be more clear on the solution?  I really wasn't able to follow the answer at all.  It would help if you could mention the program and FM you refer to and exactly what you mean by "has skip".

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the allowed range set on the batch characteristic and what is the value you are trying to pass to the batch?  Is it possible that this particular value falls outside the allowed range of the batch characteristic or class value?

CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin/Sujit,

Thanks for your reply on the Query.I have checked all points you both have mentioned as I could see anything missing as you mentioned.Except the  

. Indicator for 'Batch valuation with material spec.' is set in Config settings. 

The Status is 5 and stock has been moved to unresticted.

There are no changes in MIC/Class Characterstics and recent Zdevelopments.

I forget to say we are using the Ver4.6c and Still I could not find the Solution for the same.

Thank you.

Indi

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So all settings are correct except the one that indicator for 'Batch valuation without material spec.' is not set in the config settings. Here is the snap shot for same. If this is not set, then you need to maintain the material specification in QS61.

Below the picture,, I have pasted the F1 help content which may be useful for you.

Batch Valuation Possible Without Specification

Use

If you set this indicator, a link between the master inspection characteristics and the class characteristics for the batch class must exist when an inspection lot is created, for batch valuation to occur when the usage decision or inspection point valuation is made. A link within the material specification is not required.

If you do not set this indicator, batch valuation only occurs when the usage decision or inspection point valuation is made, if a link using the material specification exists between the master inspection characteristics and the class characteristics for the batch class. In this way, you can control on a material-dependent basis whether the batch characteristics are valuated based on the inspection results.

Kind regards,

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add, pl check following also, along with what Mr Sujit has suggested, as I had countered the same a while ago,

1. Status is 5 i.e results are locked before UD is saved.

2. All qty. has been posted out of QI stock.

3. Indicator for 'Batch valuation without material spec.' is set in Config settings.

Regards,

ntn