cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post HU to shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to post a Handling unit which has been already packed with materials directly to a shipment and it is throwing me an error saying object is already assigned. is it possible to post a HU directly to a shipment?

We are building cases as HU and pallets  as HU and loading in truck, Only after the completion of truck I will know for what qty we could creat a delivery so I am trying to keep a placeholder to HU's and I thought i could use shipment doc as the placeholder instead of ztables. But when i am assigning the Packed HUs i am getting an error. Can anyone let me know if you have any ideas/suggestion.

Thanks

Sap2000

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Katalin_Csengőd
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

the error message HUDIALOG155: "HU .... is assigned to an object that cannot be processed here" you get in VT01 is correctly issued.

You may want to read the SAP Documentation at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/cb/973735ec50d33de10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

There it is stated that "You cannot access handling units without an object reference"

The systems behaviour you are experiencing is currently as designed, it is consciously not possible to use Non-Assigned Handling Units within the packing on the shipment document level.

There are complex obstacles to pack Non-Assigned Handling Units within the shipment document which can't be easily abolished by a simple code correction. Especially the known goods movement processes with Non-Assigned resp. inventory-managed Handling Units would cause a lot of development effort to make them also run properly on the shipments level. There, we have usually handling units which contain more than one delivery and - for example - we would allow using Handling Unit Management within the shipments application, we would have to ensure, that e.g. delivery one is posted goods issue, whereas delivery two is not, but they both are part of shipments handling unit etc.

Kind regards,

Kati