cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Invoicing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We had some specific client requirement wherein UPS being our customer and UPS customers had credit with UPS. Thus while Customer invoice from the client we have to consider this credit and bill accordingly to UPS or it's customer. As a workaround Client is following this manual approach wherein they are being updated about Customer credit and than create sales order and Invoice accordingly.
We uses 283677 for the sold-to number(UPS) and 249656 for the one-time customer ship-to number and fill in the customer's address.
There are possible 3 scenarios :
Billed UPS only because customer had enough credit in their account
Billed part of order to UPS
Billed customer's credit card for balance of order.
Please let us know how these 3 scenarios could be accomplished in SAP and only one order could fulfill the above 3 scenarios.
To give you more clarity, client is looking for Invoice split based on the amount of discount entered line item wise so that accordingly UPS and it's Customer could be Invoiced.
Will Invoice split based on Partner function could be used for the same.(Credit card could be catch)
Kindly suggest the best possible detailed approach to proceed and accomplish this requirement.
Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

I have not understood your requirement clearly but as per my understanding I have following suggestions.

UPS is your main customer and there are sub customers of UPS which you have opened as customer master in SAP. Right? If yes then why don't you follow standard customer hierarchy process. In that case you will be able to control prices, discounts and credit check for individual customer or Main customer level.

For your 3 requirements

• If customer has enough credit limit then there is no issue. System will allow you to process the order.
  • Not clear with 2nd one but I think you are talking about partial delivery based on available credit limit which is also possible in standard.
  • For third one are you asking to bill the customer's credit card? In that case you have to make settings for credit card payments. This will be possible with standard settings as well. Or you may check Financial documents settings level. Just Google these terms for more information.

What is the purpose to split the invoice? Invoice split could be done on partner functions, payment terms, billing dates etc. Based on entered discount, it wont be a good idea. Why do you exactly want to split the invoices??

If I understood your requirements wrong, please explain with some business process example with values.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Sorry for the confusion and choosing the wrong word- "Credit."

Fine below the revised requirement.

UPS being our Customer had Customer master created in SAP. Now when UPS Customer(End User) orders certain good with the client than we use One time Ship to where this customer(End User) address needs to be filled so that the product could be delivered to this end Customer.

In background E-mail Communication happens that for this Customer order, how much UPS wants to contribute and how much we should charge to customer.( this is because UPS had special arrangement internally with these customers about the payment which they owe with their end customer)

Now the challenge is in the same Sales order how can we fulfill this requirement that out of lets say $100 Customer Order, we need to charge 40 from Customer and 60 from UPS in AR and this ratio will be Ad-hoc.

Please let know if it sounds correctly or any more clarification needed.

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for explaining your requirement which is totally different from that I assumed in your first post

Well this is not possible in SAP to have two AR postings in one Invoice. AS you know there is only one customer number in billing document then how we can post AR to two customers.

What you can do is to adjust the amount with debit note/credit note and this is increase data entry and you need to discuss this with your finance team.

Thank$