Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal Reports 2011 and Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7 Machine

I am building a windows application on a Windows 2012 server using Visual Studio 2010. I have a simple crystal Report that I load from the local drive I can compile and run the report on the server with no problem however when I deploy it to a windows 7 machine it gets the message

UNABLE TO INSTALL OR RUN THE APPLICATION. THE APPLICATION REQUIRES THAT ASSEMBLY CRYSTALDECISIONS.REPORTAPPSERVER.COMMONOBJECTMODE

I VERSION 13.0.2000.0 BE INSTALLED IN THE GLOBAL ASSEMBLY CACHE (GAC) FIRST.

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR

I install the Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4 (64 Bit)  version 13.0.2.469 and verified it is installed on the system and it still gets the same error message.

Not sure what steps I should take next to resolve the problem. The rest of the program works fine, it is just the crystal report that gets the error message.

Jim

Former Member
replied

Hmmm, it will be very interesting to see what Process Monitor tells us. Look at the logs for CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommonObjectModel. Also, have a look in the GAC, see if the files is there. Finally, if you are not using RAS, that assembly is not needed in the project.

- Ludek

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question