cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2011 and Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7 Machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am building a windows application on a Windows 2012 server using Visual Studio 2010. I have a simple crystal Report that I load from the local drive I can compile and run the report on the server with no problem however when I deploy it to a windows 7 machine it gets the message

UNABLE TO INSTALL OR RUN THE APPLICATION. THE APPLICATION REQUIRES THAT ASSEMBLY CRYSTALDECISIONS.REPORTAPPSERVER.COMMONOBJECTMODE

I VERSION 13.0.2000.0 BE INSTALLED IN THE GLOBAL ASSEMBLY CACHE (GAC) FIRST.

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR

I install the Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4 (64 Bit)  version 13.0.2.469 and verified it is installed on the system and it still gets the same error message.

Not sure what steps I should take next to resolve the problem. The rest of the program works fine, it is just the crystal report that gets the error message.

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jim

I am not sure if SP 2 (which is what you are installing) supported WIN 7. See if SP 7 will do the trick for you:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed the support Pac 7 version 13.0.7.x and same error comes up.  I did an uninstall of the old SP 13.2 and rebooted the machine. Did the install, did another reboot and tested it... same error message

Below is part of the detail error exception message

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.Shared.SharedUtils' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at CrystalDecisions.Shared.SharedUtils..cctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at CrystalDecisions.Shared.SharedUtils.get_CurrentControl()

at CrystalDecisions.Shared.SharedUtils.GetEffectiveCulture()

at CrystalDecisions.Shared.LocaleManager..ctor()

at CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer.InitReportViewer()

at CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer..ctor()

at Eliminations2013.ElimReviewbyDate.InitializeComponent() in E:\Eliminations2013\Eliminations2013\ElimReviewbyDate.Designer.vb:line 25

at Eliminations2013.ElimReviewbyDate..ctor()

at Eliminations2013.frmMain.btnRevElim_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Eliminations2013\Eliminations2013\frmMain.vb:line 19

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Jim

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recompile the app as 64 bit. not "Any CPU". Also, enter this search string; crystal net log4net' into the search box in the top right corner and check out the KBAs that come up.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changed it to 64 bit, that did not work same error message. Not sure where the "Search Box" is located. I looked around . I assume it is somewhere in the properties under the compile advance options?

Jim

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see the screenshot re. seach box:

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Ok did what you said Recompiled the App as a 64 bit and from the article delete any reference to the log4net.dll in the bin directory of the project cleaned the project rebuild and published the app and got the error listed below on the publish and if I went to the directory from the client machine and tried to run it. I also did the entire process as the article said about setting it to any cpu and followed the steps and got the error message

CrystalDecisions.Shared.CrystalReportsException: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

at Eliminations2013.ElimReviewbyDate.CrystalReportViewer1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Eliminations2013\Eliminations2013\ElimReviewbyDate.vb:line 7

at CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)

at Eliminations2013.frmMain.btnRevElim_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Eliminations2013\Eliminations2013\frmMain.vb:line 20

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any suggestions?

Jim

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Believe it or not, that is progress as now the error is different. The error in this case is what it says (as opposed to many time where you go; huh?). The reasons for the error range from incorrect path to the report to permissions. See if this article will help as it summarizes most of the reasons for the error. And again, the search string 'crystal load report net' will be good to use and see what else comes up.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

That worked great got me partially out of a bind. It works only if I take the exec. out of the bin file and load it on the client machine. if I try to do a web deployment it still gives me the error of

UNABLE TO INSTALL OR RUN THE APPLICATION. THE APPLICATION REQUIRES THAT ASSEMBLY CRYSTALDECISIONS.REPORTAPPSERVER.COMMONOBJECTMODE

I VERSION 13.0.2000.0 BE INSTALLED IN THE GLOBAL ASSEMBLY CACHE (GAC) FIRST.

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR

Hey I at least can deploy it... if you don't have any more suggestions I will close this discussion and mark it correct answer..

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Jim

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm, it will be very interesting to see what Process Monitor tells us. Look at the logs for CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommonObjectModel. Also, have a look in the GAC, see if the files is there. Finally, if you are not using RAS, that assembly is not needed in the project.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

I am going to bypass the web based deployments and just go with putting the executable on the machine as I know it works and need to get the machine out to the user.. Thanks for the help on this one..

Jim.

Answers (0)