cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send mail from User id without email id maintained in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am unable send mail from an SAP user id(BKGD) who does not have an Internet mail address. There is no mail id maintained in the SU01 of the user id.

But as per my understanding,

If an SAP user who does not have an Internet mail address sends an e-mail, a sender address consisting of the SAP user name and this domain is generated, like <sap-username>@<sap default domain>.

In the workflow trace as well, I am getting the below error.
SMTP Return Code: 550 5.7.1 <BKGD@domainname.com>: Sender address rejected: User Unknown

Please correct me if I am wrong or let me know if any settings needs to be maintained.

Regards,

Laxman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

It seems rejection is coming from the mail server, as the user is known to mail server. Pl check with Mail Administrator whether mail is reaching mail server and if yes it is getting rejected from there. As the mail server does not allow anonymous mail user to send the mail.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ujjaval-bhalala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Laxman,

There are two possibilities.

Either id <sapuser>@<defaultdomain>.com have to maintain in external email server or External mail server would be configured as to accept anonymous sender for outgoing mail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mail ID should be maintainted in the user profile and also check the SMTP configuration in SCOT.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47897  - SCOT - SAP Configuring Email SCOT

Regards,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you maintaining the email address anywhere else?  In an HR rec (infotype 0105, perhaps?)

Or worst case, in a custom table?

If either of these is true, I would recommend that you write a method to retrieve the email address in the step prior to the email, bind it back into your container, and then in the SENDMAIL step, use that container (expression).

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mail ID should be maintainted in the user profile and also check the SMTP configuration in SCOT.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47897  - SCOT - SAP Configuring Email SCOT

Regards,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos
JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Having an email maintained in the user master data is a requirement for sending e-mails.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To add on to what @Juan stated, the Mail server may also have rules in place to prevent anonymous email from being sent on to the destination email address.