Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping source element to leaf of hierarchy

anthony_bateman3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to map a source field to a leaf node of the Product Catalog automatically, but I cannot figure out how to do it. Any ideas what I need to do?

Please see attached image for illustration.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony

Your display in the Destination(MDM Side ) is 3,Like XX,XX,L4

But in your source side, you have only one value Like L4

Your level 4 values should be unique to all the levels and the display fields in MDM should be changed to only  one value.

Regards

Shifali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony

1) If you have similar values in different node leaves -you can't to do this mapping automatically

if you want to use automap: your source values and your destination values (leaves) should be identical

2) you can try to transform your source value before import and made it identical to your destination value (in this case automap may work correctly)

3) You can try to transform your source value in "converted value" field and make it identical to your destination value and save this transformation to your import map. At the next time this mapping will be done automatically.

4) You can try to map your source value to your destination value directly and save this transformation to your import map.At the next time this mapping will be done automatically.

You should to use "update map" function for add new map rules to your import map.

Usually, we make template with all variant of source values and use it for make our general import map.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka