SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom field for Company Code in "FPSEC1".

VinayKumawat
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to add custom field for "Company Code" in screen 200 in "General Data" in Tcode FPSEC1 and FPSEC2. Please let me know the specific Screen-Exit or BAdi.

Moderator note - content removed due to rules violation

Thanks,

Vinay Kumawat

Message was edited by: William Eastman

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

No such user exit or BADI exists for it. Company code is already a field in the database table FKK_SEC, so if it is for reporting purposes, you can use that but there is no option to display it.

0 Kudos

Vinay,

It is a process issue, I don't think you can solve this technically. Either you should receive the payment at the cash desk of the company that the SD belongs to or these inter-company transfers have to happen. Any technical solution will be complicated and may cause other issues if not implemented correctly.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

May I know your requirement behind putting the company code in the FPSEC1/FPSEC2 screen.

Thanks,

Amlan

VinayKumawat
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

As per the requirement we need to override the calculated Company Code by user given Company Code.

Thanks,

Vinay

0 Kudos

Hi Vinay ,

I believe even if you succeed  in adding a company code field to FPSEC1/FPSEC2 , it wont allow you to post if there is a difference in CA company code and the company code the user has given.

I still don't understand , why you need to post your security deposits of particular company code (CA) to another company code .

0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I don't think so your requirement is feasible through any Event \User exit\BADI.

Moreover, its not recommended to update a standard table field for a custom requirement.

Having said that you can use an existing field in the FPSEC1 screen say, Ext. ref. field to key in the company code that you want. And then can use event 0020 to store the security deposit number and the Ext. ref. field  containing the company code in some custom table for your use.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

VinayKumawat
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to override the Company Code because, when the payment is applied against the cash security deposit and if the company code posted in cash security deposit is different with the company code of payment received, system will generate inter-company posting.

To prevent from system to generate the unnecessary inter-company posting, we need to allow user to specify the company code when creating cash security deposit request and bypassing standard SAP company code determination logic.

Regards,

Vinay Kumawat

0 Kudos

Hi ,

The inter-company postings that are generated for such transactions is for Bank G/l , rather than the SD g/l . security deposit held by CA is the liability of the company code the CA belongs to rather than the where the payment was accepted. so changing the company code of the security deposit request company code is not the solution .

To stop unnecessary inter-company posting either you need to stop taking SD payments , at other company code cash/check counters .or if you accept SD payments through FPCD (only), you can modify  the bar code so that the company code is of the CA where security deposit requested . And both company codes need to come to an arrangement , so that such payments are deposited in other company codes bank(not their own) , if they do not want inter -company postings .

0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I don't think the requirement that you have stated is enough to make changes in FPSEC1 screen.

Inter company code postings are bound to happen in a multiple company code scenario and it is important from an accounting prespective

However, if you want to remove these inter-company transactions, you have to control it from a process prespective rather than a System enhancement.

Say, for example, Option1- Don't create the SD request upfront. Once you receive the payment, check which company code the payment is made and then create the SD in that particular company code.

Option 2- Create the SD request in a company code X. Now if you see the payment is made in company code Y, reverse the SD in company code X and create the same in Company Code Y.

SD being a statistical line item will not have any impact on GL.

Moreover, check event 140 as well.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

VinayKumawat
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan,

However, If cash payment received is a security deposit, user creates a cash security deposit request. Upon saving the cash security deposit request, system will generate FICA document and auto specify the company code based on the “standard company code’ retrieved from contract account master data. With standard SAP functionality, user is not able to specify manually the company code based on which company code the customer intend to pay.

So, How can we create the SD for a particular Company Code?

-Vinay

0 Kudos

Hi ,

You cannot post the security deposit in CA which belongs to Company code  A and update the SD G/L of company code B because your customer intend to pay there.

The liability of security deposit accepted ,always belong to the company code the CA belongs to.

0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Are you creating the SD or taking the payment against the Contract Account or Contract?

If Contract account, then the only option as suggested by is to stop taking SD payments at other company codes\cash desk counters, or, bring in an extra step to check which company the SD belongs to and then receipt the payment against that particular company code.

If contract, then I would suggest you not to create the contract initially. Once you check which company code the payment is receipted, create the contract against that particular company code and assign it to the original contract account (even though the company code is different).

Then create the SD against that contract and clear the payment against the same.     

Having said that, still I am not convinced about why you want to remove the inter-company transactions, as I assume it is not creating any issues in your System.

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you assign a contract of Company code B to a Contract Account of company Code A , I suppose the billing/invoicing would take place at contract level in Company code B and revenue and liability account of company code B will be effected ,

please take care in debtors aging report /sales summary report /Tax payable report , if you are reporting at CA level , it would not match with G/L.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose you can have a two-contract model approach to cater the scenario.

The first contract you use for the normal billing\invoicing  purposes and have the same company code as that of the Contract account.Then I think there is no issues with the GL's

The second one, you use for taking the SD payments and you only create them after you have received the payment. So then you can determine the company code against which the payment is receipted and then create a contract in that company code and assign it to the contract account.

Then you can create the SD against the contract and take the payment accordingly.

During the SD release, the payment can be refunded back from the same company code as it was receipted. SD request being a statistical line item don't have any impact on GL's. 

Hope it clarifies....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose you can have a two-contract model approach to cater the scenario.

The first contract you use for the normal billing\invoicing  purposes and have the same company code as that of the Contract account.Then I think there is no issues with the GL's

The second one, you use for taking the SD payments and you only create them after you have received the payment. So then you can determine the company code against which the payment is receipted and then create a contract in that company code and assign it to the contract account.

Then you can create the SD against the contract and take the payment accordingly.

During the SD release, the payment can be refunded back from the same company code as it was receipted. SD request being a statistical line item don't have any impact on GL's. 

Hope it clarifies....

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe , interest on SD and TDS on interest (applicable only in india) , would suffer as both are posted on CA level (company code A) and are the responsibility of the company code accepting the SD (company code B) .