cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Roles in accordance with tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

We implemeted the Support Pack 8 update for automatically updating the Role Demand and Start/Finish date. Consequently, we do not see the "Update Roles in accorrdance with the tasks' button anymore. This was a welcome sight!!

However, the joy was short lived!! When we create a project using a template, the system assigns the Role dates based on today's date as the Project Start (because, by default, today's date is the project start date). Now, even after chaning the Project Start date, the Role Dates do not change, and this automation goes for a toss!!

What next?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak!

The method AUTOMATIC_UPDATE_ROLE behaves like the buttons does in SAP-standard implementation. Thus every time you are changing RT-Assignments the role data gets an update by AUTOMATIC_UPDATE_ROLE. Furthermore the fields that are updated are not editable by implementing the feature 'Update roles in accordance with tasks'. So this solution has nothing to do with automatic scheduling!

Because we had similar problems with the solution like you wrote, there was an enhancement by SAP to BAdI 'DPR_ROLES'. With SP 9 there was an extra method called NOT_CHANGE_FIELDS_PROPERTY for non-distributed roles, where you e.g. implement not to overwrite the dates (EV_NOT_CHANGE_DATES = 'X'). This would help when doing initial planning (rough) or when creating projects with template, because the dates (initial) are not changed.

Please have a look to note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1709126 for the enhancement.

Perhaps these enhancements to this solution will help you in daily business.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

That's quite unfortunate!!!  I'm curious - are there any scheduling warnings at all?  Did you check to change the dates of the task, versus the ProjDef?  Does that make a difference?

I thought AUTOMATIC_UPDATE_ROLE only gets triggered with scheduling.  I could be wrong.  Of course, the role dates are sensitive to the task dates, so only if those change should the role dates update, per the task dates.

If this is a common problem I wonder if OSS is aware of this.