cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining Maximum Rates for Expense Types

0 Kudos

In the documentation for defining the maximum rates for expense types, 9 possible values are listed for ATYPE in table T706B2. However, only the first 5 are offered in the drop down. Our requirement is for a warning message for a missing paper reciept, options f & g, if an expense exceeds a specified amount. How do we get these messages as options? Also, is there a way to check for a missing receipt and prevent the employee from submitting the expense report for approval without the required receipt? Guessing the answer to the second question is "no," but have to ask. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Connie

it looks to me that for expenses amount you already have a clear idea how to proceed. you set up in atype the option warning message blabla and then in following fields you configure curr, value and message you want to trigger, did i miss something?

for missing receipt, let me check

Let me know your thoughts

a

0 Kudos

Take a look at the wiki page below, alot of the options you need are covered (and you also have more possibility with  BAdI TRIP_WEB_CHECK also which should cover off with the methods provided what you need for the 2nd question  - how to prevent expense being submitted if paper receipt missing etc)

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/1AXrEw

cheers

Sally

0 Kudos

Thanks, Sally, for your prompt response.. I spent a whole day reviewing the Wiki pages before posting. I couldn't find anything that explained how to get the missing ATYPEs listed in the documentation to show. I will take another look at the BAdI you mention.

Thanks, again,

Connie

0 Kudos

Hi Connie

Do you mean field KZTKT? (ATYPE - activity type?)  - which documentation are you referring to that you seem to find missing (I presume its activity types?)

cheers    

Sally

0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

I was looking at the IMG step, Define Maximum Rates and Default Values for Expense Types. The When you click F1 on the Amount Type field, the documentation lists 9 possible values, but only the first 5 are actually presented in the drop down. Technical info: V_T706B2-ATYPE. Does that help?

Thanks, again, for your help,

Connie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

technically speaking the other 4 entries are missing in the value range of domain P_ATYPE

Regards

a

0 Kudos

Sorry Connie, having a momentary lapse of reason and was looking at the wrong table! All these values are coming up in our EHP6 system as possible  - which version do you have installed?

0 Kudos

We are on 6.04 - hoping to implement EHP6 next year. Another reason to give our team a nudge. Just curious, is there a way to get these values prior to EHP6? Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos

Hi Connie

Yes your right, there is only 5 entries in the EHP4 version VS EHP6 (I must admit that I never noticed this before - but I'll update it in the wiki too as its useful to know). It seems this could well be additional functionality released with the business function in which case it cannot be downported.

I'll doublecheck through the business function documentation and check for sure.  The rest of the info I mentioned in BAdI TRIP_WEB_CHECK will open up the other possibilities for you!

cheers

Sally

Edited to add >>> actually I found a further wiki page I had written on this topic, so will update it here and add it to the FAQ section

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/toBIEQ

Message was edited by: Sally Redmond add wiki link

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The mere technical possibility to get these values prior to EHP6 exists of course in form of a custom enhancement with a fixed value append of the respective domain. Additionally, though, you would still have to code the handling in either trip_web_check or in an enhancement of fite_vc_receipts.

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Thanks, all, for your responses. I will look again at the BAdI's and EHP6. I appreciate your help.