cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity in license acting as threshold

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to setup a license with a quantity limit that acts as a threshold, not a quota but didn't find the proper way to set it up.

Example:

The license is valid for one year, has a maximum allowed quantity of 50G without any depreciation so every Sales Orders and Deliveries are screened against that license and a block is triggered only when a SO or DL has a quantity higher than 50G.

So far, each license that I've set up has its quantity depreciated with the SO/DL quantity where I'd like it to remain fixed

Any input/advice is welcome.

Note: I am running GTS 10.1

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

Regarding the depreciation: The depreciation (or not) of quantity/value is defined at item category level. This can be found under the following IMG path in GTS:

Global Trade Services -> General Settings -> Document Structure -> Activate Item Categories for Application Areas

Then select the legal control folder and double click on the item category and there you will be able to define the quantity/value depreciation as + (increase) or - (decrease) or 0 (neither increase nor decrease).

Once you have checked/changed this setting, please let's us of the results on the expected feature you have described. We will try to find out a solution if there is any one.

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

0 Kudos

Hello Mouad,

I've tried the set up you suggested but it doesn't seem to work as expected:

I created a legal regulation and defined the depreciation to 0 at item category level. I created a license with a maximum quantity of 500G.

Every orders with a lower quantity are screened and automatically attached to the license, so far it's fine. But I've created an order with 510G and that one hasn't been blocked as expected and has been added to the assigned documents in the license.

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

In the customizing of the licence types, there is a flag called "Low-value check".

According to the F1 help, the purpose of this flag is:

"If you set this flag, you make it possible to specify a maximum value in the management of import/export licenses, which specifies the maximum value that can be used for each import/export."

I have never used this feature but I think it is worth trying this lead.

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

0 Kudos

Mouaz,

I've just tried with the flag you mentioned but the result is the same: my order of 510G is good to go eventhough the max quantity in the license in 500G.

Something weird though, the ordered quantity doesn't show up in the license screen in the assigned documents section:

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

The depreciation qty/value will not be written off if you set the depreciation as 0 in the item category.

True I have told you to change this setting in my first post but that was to test and see how the system behaves. But as you have seen, changing this setting didn't help.

Could you please re-set the depreciation as it was and leave the "Low-value check" ticked and see how the system behaves now ?

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

0 Kudos

I changed the config, re-set the depreciation group as it was at item category level and left the "Low value check" ticked and it seems to be working as expected:

I know have multiple orders (400 G each) under the same license with a max value of 500G:

and my Max quantity hasn't been depreciated:

So far it looks good as when I enter an order with a higher quantity it blocks in screening.

I'll run further tests but this solution looks satisfying.

Thanks a lot for your help on that!

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

I would suggets to make a simple logic within a BadI def. name /SAPSLL/LCC_DOCUMENT with license assignment in case item quantity is lower than 50 PC.

In case is higher legal control continues checking/blocking.

Kr,

Gabriel.