cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM MM stock inconsistency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting a QM MM stock Inconsistency that when we do Transfer posting of a material the stock will move to QI stock but there will not be any inspection Lot genetated. We can resolve this issue by running the Program ZQEVAC20. But we are not authorized for that.

Hence we need to know the root cause for this issue to avoid it in future.

Thanks & Regards,

Pritam Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If this is customization issue ,it should happen every time we use this transaction but we are facing this issue once in 6 months or so .

So could not find the exact reason for the issue

Regards,

Pritam

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at your stock posting logs for inspection lots that caused this problem. What I've seen in some cases is two material documents listed in the logs.  But when you go directly to MB03 to display the documents, one of them will not exist.  I believe what happens is that a material document starts to be processed, (i.e. does the QM updates but not the IM updates), but then gets cancelled.  Then as part of some recovery process, a second material document gets created and fully processed.  This results in the inconsistency.   Exactly what causes this I don't know.  But like your system, at most of my clients, having this happen once or twice a year seems to be the rule. Not the exception.

I typically have all my clients install ZQAVAC20 if its not there already, then give the authorization to one or two specific IT support people.  Then we put in a business process where by the business (i.e. lab usually), have to send an email or formal request to IT to run the program for a specific inspection lot.

I've pretty much given up figuring out exactly what causes it.  The issues happens so rarely and I've never been able to reliably replicate it in any test environment so that pretty much makes it impossible to trace the cause.

Craig

bhavikdangi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

I am facing the same issue in 3 months but now after EHP 6 upgrade the issues are increased too much 50 -70 lots per day. !!! I had raised to SAP & suggested to run ZQAVAC20 & ZQAVAC22. I did the same but still it is not resolved.

Case: While posting UD, I am doing partial qty. OK & partial as a scrap,

e.g. for a lot of 1.20 To  I post 1.00 as OK & 0.20 to as scrap. in QA11 screen itself.

system is showing lot status as Green & stock posting completed but in MMBE the  0.20 to scrap still showing in QA.

Please advice if you have any such issue with your client.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavik         

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you meant ZQEVAC20 and ZQEVAC22.

No way you should have this happening 50-70 times a day.  If you do, you need to contact SAP ASAP.  My guess is you have some type of customization that is in conflict with something that got modified by the update.  Usually this is due to not following recommended programming standards during development or making customizations to SAP code and not using the provided exits and enhancement points.

I doubt if anyone here can help you much without actually troubleshooting in your system. If you can get this issue to reliably reproduce in a test system, then you can use debug to track the issue down.

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This sounds like a customization issue.  Have you any user exits in place at lot creation time that might suppress lot creation under certain conditions?  If this is a consistent issue hen I would suspect this type of system modification. 

CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be better if you narrate the process and intend behind follwoing such process which creates stock descrepency.

May be there would be another solution.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pritam,

I assume you are doing transfer posting through MIGO (A08 Transfer posting).  And stock is going to QI without inspection lot generation.

If this is correct, you need to check the setting maintained  for 'Stock type' during MIGO. You can check your current setting in the tab 'Where' 

• Go to MIGO>> Settings>> Default values, then check the Stock type against the corresponding movement type. Pl change it to Quality, unrestricted or Blocked which ever is required in your case.

• There could be another reason for material going to QI stock if no inspection type is active on the material. You need to check the Quality management view in material master and see if the indicator for 'post to inspection stock' is set. In this case also, material would go into QI stock without any inspection lot generation.

• And if above settings does not work, you may also check the Purchasing view of the material to check if 'Post to Insp stock' is activated (If you do not want stock to go in QI stock).

Hope this is helpful.

regards,

ntn

Message was edited by: Nitin Jinagal