cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP/BufferSize in RZ10 , SAP CRM Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question, related to ABAP/BufferSize in RZ10 Transaction.

We give a value to ABAP/BufferSize for eg say 300000KB and once it got full we increase the memory of ABAP/BufferSize to 400000KB or 500000KB ect.

My Question here is how much can we extend this memory like for example 900000KB and once that also becomes full what do we need to to make it available again.

I am currently using IDES version 7.0, I am asking about IDES System ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you do not need to set this to very high value initially.. generally this is not required.. keep an eye on ST22 for dumps like PXA_NO_SHARED_MEMORY & ST02 swaps.

please read this..

http://how2-sapbasis.blogspot.in/2012/10/pxanosharedmemory.html

best regards

ashish

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Folks for your valuable feedback...

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

My Question here is how much can we extend this memory like for example 900000KB and once that also becomes full what do we need to to make it available again.

You don't need to extend the parameter abap/buffersize just like you extend the tablespace.

You need to first identify whether there is a need to do so.

Secondly there should be enough memory for you to tune the system.

Are there any dumps in the system due to shortage of program buffer ?

First analyse the ST02 and check the hit ratio.

Once you all the elements then you can consider the possibility of increasing the program buffer parameter.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Most of my systems run the ABAP buffersize at 1GB.  How much you can allocate depends upon the amount of memory available to the server.  Once the buffer fills, though, all it will do is swap out a program not in use and swap in the one being loaded.  Aim for a buffer hit rate of 90% + ; you will not ever get 100%.  Also check the table and field definition buffers - they could usually do with some expansion.  Each table that is used in any program will need its data dictionary definition loaded into memory before it can be used, so it's a good idea to get the hit rate on this buffer high too.  Because this is IDES you can't focus the tuning as much as if you had a productive ERP system, for example.

Hope this helps,

Graham

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh

Based on the SAP KBA 1612283 - Hardware Configuration Standards and Guidance you can define the memory / Buffer parameters values in RZ10, in this KBA they mention some of the sample references,

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Check out this link for "Zero Adminstration memory management"

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/Lgm3Dw

Regards

KB

abk07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Please check the notes 103747 and 147568.

Also, you need to have a look at the swaps in ST02, if the number of swaps is in red then increase the buffer size.

I faced the same problem in CRM IDES 7.0 EHP 2.

Cheers!

Abhishek