cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manager: mapped field (lookup [Main]) doesn't appear in the "Mapped destination fields" list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

It's me again. Now having such a problem. I try to import data from xml-file into Main table. There's a Lookup [Main] field "Filial" that looks into display field of another Main table. I mapped it properly using keys, but it doesn't appear in the "Mapped destination fields" list! And I need it there very much, because it is included in unique fields combination and is required for matching records!

In the MDM Import Manager Guide there are some constraints for mapped destination fields:

"

Available as Matching Fields 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Not Available as Matching Fields

AutoID

Integer

Real

Currency

Date

Time

GM Time

Timestamp

Text

Text Normalized

Lookup [Flat]

Lookup [Hierarchy]

Lookup [Taxonomy]

Text Large

Lookup [Text Block]

Lookup [Text HTML]

Lookup [Qualified]

Qualifiers

Attributes

Boolean

1 Cannot be multi-valued

2 Cannot be a promoted display field

3 If hierarchy table, must be the main display field

4 Cannot be a compound field (i.e. lookup to a table with multiple display fields)

5 Can be mapped only from Add, Clone or Split into Multiple Fields extended source fields

6 If mapped from extended source field, must connect to source with read/write permission

7 Must be mapped from a source field which is in the current language layer

8 If not the main table or a hierarchy table, all of the display fields must be selected

9 Record matching on a sortable field for which there is no sort index is extremely slow! "

But nothing about Lookup [Main]. In other respects the field seems to match.

Do you know, what's the matter? Or, maybe, have you any idea, how to solve the problem in another way?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandra,

Please go to the other lookup Main and maintain remote key for remote system X (say).

Now when you import data for remote system X in Filal and source should have this remote key value the values should get mapped.

Please note - Secondary main should have remote keys maintained for same remote system which is getting linked through import in the Primary main table.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi!

Well, I've already done it; values are mapped properly - nevertheless, the field doesn't appear in "Mapped destination fields".

Anyway, thank you for answer!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandra,

To be very honest I am still not very sure of your issue.Do you mean Field does not appear or values don't appear?

It would be much easier to understand if you could add snapshot highlighting the problem.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi, exactly field doesn't appear, values - do
Here are screenshots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for shedding more light on the issue

Now to fix this from the left hand side of the drop down select row and do the mapping.

Please make sure that in the xsd for this xml,row is a repeating segment if you have many line items of row under ROWSET.

Please update your findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Ravi, and sorry for long absence.

Tried to follow your advance - nothing changed...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandra,

In that case,could you please provide the mentioned xsd and an xml here.

This is not a MDM issue rather its diagnosis lies in the XSD.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi, here are the files. Please, pay no attention to some differences in fields' structure between these files and previous screenshots - they don't matter, Import Manager behaves just the same way.

(I saved .xsd file as .txt, because .xsd files are not allowed here )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandra,

The xsd seems fine.I have a similar scenario here where I am to see lookup Main in matching field,so this too should work.

Please recheck the data model to understand this,also provide more information which can be useful to solve this.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Even I gone through the ref doc of IM, where it says-

For XML sources, limited to destination fields mapped to source fields in the current table.

But as per your comment you have mapped Source against the Destination.(it must appear)

And I assume this problem is just because you are refering to the other Main Table Look Upfield, but you have the current main Table as your destination.

I believe the Lookup[Main Table] has to be added in the RHS Table.(Not available as Matching field)

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish!

Please, couldn't you tell me about RHS Table in more detail, or where can I read about it? Don't understand, what it is.