cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM - Full stock Removal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

Is it possible to configure a full HU stock Removal strategy for a picking process in a EWM scenario?

What we try to do is to pick a full HU from a bin even though the delivery quantity is less than the HU quantity.

Example:

Delivery quantity for picking process; 3 units of product A.

In our storage type we have a storage bin with several HU's of this product A. For example, 10 units of product A per HU.

During the warehouse task creation, the system should take a whole HU instead of only 3 units from an HU.

We also would like to update the delivery quantity to the HU quantity picked.

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Kindly guide me as how to achieve full pallet pick functionality as i dnt have option " 5 " round whole units at storage type.

Thanks in advance.

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly guide.

0 Kudos

Hi Jinoy

Please check your release/version. You got to have EWM 7.02 and above to use the rounding rule 5.

regards

Saravana

0 Kudos

Hi Jinoy

Please check your release/version. You got to have EWM 7.02 and above to use the rounding rule 5 value.

regards

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanakumar ,

I am currently in EWM 7.0 , how can i achieve same in this version.

Thanks

Jinoy

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you share what options you are getting?

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sathish ,

Below for your kind reference.

Thanks

Jinoy

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jinoy,

Definitely, there could be some OSS notes available for this. We have to spend sometime and search the OSS Notes for this. Since this is available in next version and not in 7.0. So, SAP might have released some OSS notes for lower versions to support the same function. I will search few and let you know, If I find anything relevant to this.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sathish ,

Thanks for your support .

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, none of that works.

Still trying to figure out how to do it.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi David

The two settings which I mentioned earlier worked in achieving the complete pallet withdrawal.

I am repeating the steps once again...

1) WPT with rounding rule 5 ( This is available only from 7.02)

2) Sales order should carry the "unlimited tolerance" check box flag.

Try and let me know

regards

Saravana

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

indeed, works like a charm. Cool feature actually, haven't tried it before.

Now David wants it a little bit differently, he writes "No, that is not what I want because I only want to pick the whole HU from only one storage type, the other areas of the warehouse must behave as usual."

So what you have to do is:

- in the warehouse process type the field "Round whole units" has to show "1 - storage type decides"

- in the storage type from which you want to pick the full HU the field "Round whole units" you set the "5 - Round WT quantity to available quantity".

Before 7.02 you would have to maintain pack specs and add the units you want to have in the storage type (as described in the F1 help).

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen ,

Could you kindly elaborate the steps to achieve full pallet pick functionality in EWM 7.0

Thanks

Jinoy

Aravind9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can achieve Pick-HU completely check in WPT. System will look for delivery line item quantity HU in the warehouse.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Aravind

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you maintain pick HU completely at process type level it will consider all st types.

you need to maintain separate wpt with complete HU ticked to pick from this particular st. type

But this setting is used to pick entire requested qty only, but your case different.

Jobi

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

There is a unique EWM section, i suggest you post there.

What you want is "Stock specific unit of measure" in EWM. This is fully integrated with EWM 9.0.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ewm900/helpdata/en/5f/c69040bca2ef4ae10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Best regards.

Serhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serhan,

No, that is not what I want because I only want to pick the whole HU from only one storage type, the other areas of the warehouse must behave as usual.

This has to be customized through process type, warehouse orders rules or something like that.

Regards, 

0 Kudos

Hi David

You can achieve full HU picking by having round whole units setting " 5" in the WPT and also with unlimited tolerance checked for SO line item.( shipping tab -> delivery tolerance)

Please let me if it works.

regards

Saravana