cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different minimum lot sizes for SNP and PP/DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we need to have a small (maximum) lotsize for planned orders size for PP/DS. That's valid because of some restrictions that a production order has to be max 1shift.

In SNP we are using the optimiser - and now I want to make sure that for this specific product we want to produce at least 5shifts whenever we start a production (kind of a minimum lot size)

So in SNP I want to see a production of 1000 in a bucket (even if the demand in that bucket is only 600) but later in PP/DS we need to have 5 orders of 200 each (in that example I can produce 200 per shift).

I can't use the minimum lot size in the product master as the minimum lot size of 5shifts doesn't fit to the max lot size of 1shift. Also I would like to have the PP/DS order with the correct size automatically from conversion.

Any ideas how to solve? - Any experience with the lot size in the PPM? Never tried that but it seems that it could help here.

Thanks,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you planning to convert orders from SNP to PPDS ?

if so you should be able to split the orders while converting using the PPM lot size

The SNP planned order is divided into several PP/DS planned orders that have the same quantity as the maximum quantity of the PP/DS plan.

check note 481906 for some more details. This also is a good document if u are integraing SNP - PPDS plans

also check note 571118 on a BAdI for splitting lot size during conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

thanks. That's 95% what I need.

I just have to convince the user now that his rule "no order is longer than a shift" has to be a 100% rule. No more manual exceptions.

Thanks,

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have come across this situation in the past, one solution was the planned order was split into daily Qty's on conversion but I see you require an automated solution.

One option would be to set a fixed Lot size to 1000 for the Planned order creation, once you have done the deployment run (and the demand now matched the proposed production) you could re run the Heuristics and change the Lot Size procedure (so the system would have a demand of 1000 after the deployment run)

Kind regards