SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple PO for a single Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is this possible to create multiple purchase order for a single vendor using follow on document using Allocation table.

plant group  i have used while creating allocation table has three sites.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Manish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

You have to configure the split criteria for follow-on documents created from Allocation table.

Use this SPRO Path:

SPRO: Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Allocation -> Allocation Table -> Maintain Split Criteria for Allocation Table Follow-On Document Generation

Here you need maintain an entry for Follow-On document category A which is Vendor Purchase order. For this entry select Site as Split criteria and you will get multiple POs for each site when you process the allocation table to generate Follow-on document.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

You have to configure the split criteria for follow-on documents created from Allocation table.

Use this SPRO Path:

SPRO: Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Allocation -> Allocation Table -> Maintain Split Criteria for Allocation Table Follow-On Document Generation

Here you need maintain an entry for Follow-On document category A which is Vendor Purchase order. For this entry select Site as Split criteria and you will get multiple POs for each site when you process the allocation table to generate Follow-on document.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply.

I have maintained the highlighted setting you have shown.

Still system generating a single PO.

Is there any other customizing i need to maintain and do i need to assign this split criteria somewhere.

Best Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

There are some additional settings to be done. You have to assign the Cross-docking distribution profile and some other settings for seasonal procurement.

You can go through following threads which has these details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d4/e67242be3d9c60e10000000a1550b0/content.htm?frame...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/89/f17b426af4b767e10000000a155106/content.htm

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have maintained all the customization that are mentioned in the documents.

Still i am getting a singlo PO and when i check  its detail, i found my DC in the plant field.

is there anything else i am missing.

Best Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

For this article, what is the source of supply in Logistic Store view? It should NOT be Internal Procurement (via STO).

You site group also should not consider a DC as one of the plant. Try to use only stores in Site group and with the defined split criteria, it should generate separate PO for each store.

The stores in Site group must have a distribution profile that supports Cross docking. So check the same in all your sites too.

Also check the distribution profile in the same view for article master.

Let us know your findings and answer to these questions.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply.

I have supply source 3 i.e standard before STO

In site group i only have stores.

Distrinution profile is assigned to material.

I dont know where to assign dis. profile in store. there is field for dis. profile in DC but not for Store.

One more think, do we need to assign supplying plant to our store as well. i.e DC

Best regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

You are right, there is no assignment of distribution profile for Store.

You can try assigning DC as supplying site of your stores.

Split criteria with Stores with work only if the Store is recipient of the goods.

Please check/try following points:

In SPRO: Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Allocation -> Allocation Table -> General Settings for Allocation Table Application  ===> Here Try to change the value of Default Follow-on Document Gen. to 1 and try to generate.

Please check which Allocation type you are using and what is default item category in Allocation table. In Item Category configuration check the highlighted values.

SPRO: Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Allocation -> Allocation Table -> Item Categories of Allocation Table

Set the values to enable direct delivery to store. If need read the F1 help for these fields.

Also check the configuration of Allocation table types.

Try generating Follow-on documents from WA08.

Update the thread with your results.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have following setting for item category and allocation table type.

kindly let me know if i missed any thing.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

In the first screen shot of Item categories for allocation table, Following fields need to be changed:

• ShipToParty VO should be 2 or 3 and not 1.
  • Stock transfer should be BLANK (This is not required, but you can try)
  • Proc.meth.determin.should 3.

I would suggest to make a copy of Item category C and do these changes. Please do not forget to attach your copied category to your allocation table type.

Try with these changes and let us know.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I tried this and still facing the same issue. A single PO

When i create Allaction table, there is check box which is disabled(Attached above)

Does  it have any impact on the process./

Best Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I have successfully generated PO as per Sites. Please note the following configuration I have done to achieve this result.

SPRO: Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Allocation -> Allocation Table -> General Settings for Allocation Table Application   ==> In this option set Default Follow-on Document Gen as 2 (Purchase order handling Standard)

SPRO: Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Allocation -> Allocation Table -> Item Categories of Allocation Table   ===> Here you open your Item category MS and assign 3 (Direct delivery (delivery to site)) in ShipToParty VO, make Stock transfer BLANK and Proc.meth.determin. as 4 (Cross-docking/put-away (placement in storage)).

SPRO: Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Allocation -> Allocation Table -> Allocation Table Types  ====> Select your Allocation table type and assign the above item category in the allocation table type

SPRO: Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Allocation -> Allocation Table -> Maintain Split Criteria for Allocation Table Follow-On Document Generation   ====> Here maintain a new entry with Key for Split Criteria as BLANK, FollDoc cat. as A and check the Site checkbox.

After this configuration, go to transaction WA01 for creating an allocation table. Select your Allocation table type and press Enter. Give proper description and delivery dates for Stores and DCs on default value block.

Now maintain your item with Article Number, Quantity, Vendor and Allocation Rule.

Check your allocation table and Press Save button to save the table. Now goto transaction WA02 and give your allocation table number. Do not press Enter. From  Allocation Table menu select Create Follow-on Doc and from further options select Vendor Purchase Order.

You will list the list of entries for each site. Select all of them and click on Generate button. You will find multiple PO for each site. I could able to generate the same in my IDES.

Let me know if you need further info.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the detail info.

I am able to create 3 Vendor PO now.

I have a small doubt.You mentioned while creating allocation table enter vendor,

can we do this crossdocking through DC i.e we maintain DC while creating allocation table and then

create Vendor PO as follow on document using that allocation.

Best Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Finally, you got the desired result. Great to know that.

If you want through DC then you have to again change the Item category. In Item Category, set the ShipToParty VO to 2 and while defining the split criteria, mention the Key. Please go through F1 help to defining the Key for Split Criteria.

You can try this.

Reward points if the answer is useful.

Thanks.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Could you please help me in other scenario as well. I tried other combination for creation of 3 Vendor PO using crossdocking through DC .

Best Regards,

Mansih

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

If you provide DC in place of vendor, then it will not allow to create a order with direct delivery (Store as receiving plant).

If you want to take it through DC (even cross docking), let it come to DC and then transfer using STO.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

I hope you all are doing good

Could you please suggest me how to create separate vendor PO using Allocation Table for a every site in a site group.

Regards,

Manish