cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flight trip over 2 Days (german travel law)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

could you please explain me, how to configure a german travel management system regarding following functional fact:

If you travel from germany to e.g. new zealand with plane, and the travel belongs longer than 2 days you get following per diems:

Example:

Travel start from Berlin on 22.10.2013

Travel lands in New Zealand on 24.10.2013

Ther german travel law defines following per diems.

22.10.2013 the german per diem

23.10.2013 the austria per diem

24.10.2013 the new zealand per diem (if the plane lands before midnight)

How can i configure the system to calculate the austria per diem for the 23.10? At the moment ist still calculate with the german per diem.

Many Thanks!

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is not available in standard I think, as system will not know when or if you are boarding a plane.

So you have to use workaround for this usually rare case:

Go to "Additional destinations" and enter

- new destination with departure date/ departure time/ country AT

- new destination with arrival date/ arrival time/ country NZ (or use crossing border timestamp from trip master data)

If you do not want to use Austria key, create new trip country "ZZ - onboard plane/ ship" with Austria values for per diem, and train people to use it.

Sorry to have no better workaround. But otherwise you need to ask for four timestamps with EVERY trip. (date/ time of outbound departure and arrivel, date/ time of inbound departure and arrival), which is even more annoying and also not available in standard for DE.

If you want to know how this looks like, switch to country version FI or SE. One of those is using these fields. So the fields and logics are generally available, but not part of country version DE.

rgds, Michael (from Germany)

Answers (0)