cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result screen not shown when creating material variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear reader,

For my customer I am setting up variant configuration in ECC. In this setup we would like to use Material Variants, which we are able to. The only problem I have is that I cannot see the result screen while configuring the material variant. This opposed to the configuration in the sales order where the result screen does show. How can I setup the system to show the result screen in while creating the material variant?

Regards,

Sjaak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

S. van den Berg,

I am sorry i couldnt clearly understand your question.

Do you mean while creating this variants in transaction MM01 or MM02 , you are expecting a result screen like you see in CU50?

You can check documentcreated by me  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31570 which defines steps to setup material variants.

check and reply.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rikesh,

Thank you for replying to my question. Yes, I was expecting a result screen like CU50 while configuring material variants in MM01/MM02. I have read the documentation you posted, before I started this thread and found it very usefull. It got me where I am now, but it did not answer my question. I am wondering why I do not see the result screen in MM01 while I do see it in CU50 and VA01. After all, I am creating material that is configured from the super BOM of a configurable material. Maybe the answer is that it just can be done. At least then I know I do not have to look any further.

Regards,

Sjaak

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

S. van den Berg ,

Well yes answer to your requirement is " NO" ,

Before you do CU50 or VA01 , there are BOM and routings assigned to material. which are missing while you are creating a matyerial variant and thats why logicaly there is no result expected.

When you perform CU50 on configurable material , while assigning values its been expected from systen that based upon selected values in background all dependencies will work and finaly you can expect a result screen to check what are component selected as a result of this selected set of values.

But in case of creating material variant its similar to creating any othe rmaterial , as at that momnent there is no BOM or routing is attahced to thos materiual variant, so that why there is no result expected at this stage.

Once a material varianty is ready , you need to assign BOM and routing to it, as I mention in document.

Hope you understand my point.

Also I checkd document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31570, but cant see your comments.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thank you for further explaining this topic.

Regards,

Sjaak

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

S. van den Berg,

You are wlecome my friend.

Want to add some thing more in my previous reply.

If your requirement is that you want to review the resultant BOM or routing of this newly created material variant , you first need to assign BOM & Routing and then go to CU50 and put this material variant as material and execute , you will get message that configurable material will be placed by system and configuration of this material variant will be copied to the test transaction and once you execute it , it wil give you BOM and routing applicable for this material variant.

Hope it will be helpful.

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (0)