cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 14.0 - NWDI vs CTS+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade to MII 14.0 and looking forward to use the transport feature to move files from Dev to QA to Prod. After some initial research, I have the understanding that NWDI can be used to transport the files. But I also came across CTS+ which confuses me. My question is whether CTS+ can be used to move the files(irpt,trx etc) between systems. If yes, what is the difference between NWDI and CTS+ with respect to the transport feature? Should i use NWDI or CTS+ ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

MII officially supports only transportation of configuration files using CTS+ from release 14.0 onwards.

MII does not supports transportation of MII projects using CTS+.

MII officially supports NWDI for the sharing projects.

Also NWDI is the complete development infrastructure where you can have shared projects from multiple MII instances.

Anuj has mentioned above the blog in which I wrote about the possibility of transporting the MII projects with CTS+(this is just a wokraround what I tried and it worked).

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I am not sure if you went through this blog, if not, then please go through this. It explains the transport of MII projects using CTS+ from 14.0 onwards.

http://scn.sap.com/community/manufacturing/mii/blog/2013/08/29/transporting-mii-projects-using-cts

Thanks & Regards,

Anuj