Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can anyone please clarify me on below questions in Alerts

1. What ia Alert?

2. What is the use of it?

3. How to create Alerts?

4. It is for APO DP / APO SNP / PPDS ?

5. How to execute / check the created alert ?

Regards,

Rajaselvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Some basic information.

1. What ia Alert?

- It tells exceptional situation after your planning run, e.g. supply shortage, stock below safety stock, etc.

2. What is the use of it?

- Users can check the alerts, so that they can intervane the plan result manually, e.g. create extra order to cover the supply shortage, or adjust the order quantity.

3. How to create Alerts?

- Different for different applications. In SNP and DP, alerts are generated by macros. You can view the alerts in planning book, or in alert monitor /sapapo/amon1.

- For PPDS and GATP, sorry I don't know much.

4. It is for APO DP / APO SNP / PPDS ?

- As said in 3), it's fro DP, SNP, PPDS, and GATP, covering most APO functionalities.

5. How to execute / check the created alert ?

- In alert monitor /sapapo/amon1

Please refer to below SAP notes:

495166 Tips and Tricks for Handling Alert Monitor

830673 AMON: Some consulting issues when handling alert monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ada

Can you share how to use the alers in SPP please ?

Regards

SRS Kannan

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I think you mean shortage monitor in SPP, which is a totally different concept from Alert Monitor in APO.

To generate shortage information, you'll need to run planning service SPP_SHORTAGE_MONITOR, then view the shortage situation in the web page screen (transaction /sapapo/spp?). This is different in both concept and technical points of view from the above mentioned "APO Alert Monitor".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for immediate reply.

Yes we mean SPP Shortge monitor only.

we have executed the planning service for shortage monitor (SPP_SHORTAGE_MONITOR).

Days supply is appearing by default 99999- & +3 and status -Not critical for all the parts.

Please tell me where to configure these settings & also the other settings for configuring Shortage Monitor in SPP.

regards

SRS Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thanks for the reply

Regards,

Rajaselvi

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SRS, sorry that I could not answer your question ... what I can provide is only some documentation I found ...

The shortage monitor is based on the safety days’ supply. This safety days’supply is calculated by the planning service SPP_SHORTAGE_MONITOR as the minimum of two safety days’ supplies:
1) safety days’ supply based on the average consumption of the last seven days
2) safety days’ supply based on the demand as shown in the DRP matrix
Only the stock on hand is used for this calculation, not the planned receipts.

The shortage monitor classifies products into critical, potentially critical and non critical depending on their safety days’ supply at the entry location.
The limits for these categories are also maintained in the general settings for the shortage analysis (with the customising path APO -> Supply Chain Planning -> SPP -> Monitoring -> Shortage Analysis -> Make General Settings for Shortage Analysis).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the SPP specific Shortage Moni is not comparable to the APO-Alert Monitor. It is a function in Web UI ( Spp specific SNC) that is used to find shortages and react early enough, mainly to force the suppliers to react immediately ( eg with confirmations etc.)

It is a tool for supplier collaboration that can only work if you also use SPP module within APO-so this is only recommended for the Service Parts Industry.

SPP als has its own Alert Moni with different technical base. First of all , all settings inthe APO for AMON will not work, customizing can only be done within path of APO-Supply Planning-Shortage Analysis.

It also only reads specific SPP-Alerts , characteristic is that all about 100 alerts begin with number 78* here.

SAP has developed a very specific SPP-Solution here within SCM System.

Hope this helps..

Kind reg,

Alev

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alev,,

Thanks for immediate reply.

Yes we mean SPP Shortge monitor only.

we have executed the planning service for shortage monitor (SPP_SHORTAGE_MONITOR).

Days supply is appearing by default 99999- & +3 and status -Not critical for all the parts.

Please tell me where to configure these settings & also the other settings for configuring Shortage Monitor in SPP.

regards

SRS Kannan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaselvi,

Just put the below search string in the google and you'll find the pdf from wordpress helpfull...(Since I am not sure if external links are to be given here or not....)

google search string - "how_to_use_the_apo_alert_monitor_for_reporting.pdf"

for more details try searching around SCN, I found some really good guides here... but don't have the links now.

Re,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Thanks for the reply. It was helpful.

Regards,

Rajaselvi