cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append vs. Temporay File functionality problem in sFTP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

Working with the sFTP adapter replacing old File/FTP adapters that are using Mindterm.

We have a scenario when we are processing large files and when they are larger then 50MB we split them and merging them in the receiver channel.

The split is performed in the sender File adapter reading from the PI filesystem. That adapter will remain in the system.

The receiver chan nel is a File/FTP adapter that will be replaced with the sFTP adapter.

The problem we have here is that when we use temporary file transfer we do only get the first segement or the last segment of the file.

First segment if I do not allow overwriting and last segment id we allow overwriting.

If we use Append mode we get the whole file but then we cannot use temp files.

Problem is that it is a zip file and the receiver polls all the *.zip files.

If we us Append then we will write the whole file but the receiver migth poll the file before we have writen the whole file.

If we use Temporary file then the receiver of the file will not poll the file before we are done but then we only get fragments of the file.

Is there a solution to this problem?

How should I get the whole zip file to the poll directory as a usefull file?

BR

Kalle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kalle,

are you using chunk mode? You can read in this blog about it:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2011/12/26/fileftp-adapter--large-file-trans...

I think it should be the way to go if you use file-to-file integration. And it promises to solve all your problems which makes it worth a look, I think.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you missed out that I'm using the sFTP adapter not the File/FTP adapter to write the file to the sFTP server.