Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the VBELV is not updated in the table VBAP

former_member696369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I need clarifiaction about the field Orginating document: vbap-vbelv. how the system will update this filed.

actual issue is for few line items for sales order are not updated this filed vbap-vbelv. and vgble is updated.

let us know why that filed vbelv is not updated even its has referece document.

and what is the diffrence between the fields VBELV and VGBEL.

please clarify..

Br

RK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor

Hi ,

VBELV  is update if the sales order item category is having any special stock indicator such as E or Q

you can check VOV7 for item category and also Requirement type and requirement class settings

Either VOV7 or Requirement class will have Special stock indicator which will generate Originating document (VBELV)

regards,

santosh

former_member696369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santthosh,

Thanks for your immediate response.

but my case i have cheked along with given inputs at item category and reqt type calass level.

few line items are not updated in vbap-vgbel.

please provide if any furhter inputs for go for anlaysis.

Br

RK

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

May I know the line item category and its relevant settings. Why don't you cross check the settings for the items its getting updated against the items its not getting updated. You would get the solution based on the business scenarios.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member696369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

We have got the point with your valuable points.

The originating document is not updated in itself in the sales order. so its not fetching in the copied sales order.

the reason is based on the Reqt type which is make to stock. there is no special stock, so its not updated the field SOBKZ.

Thanks to all of for spend your time on my request.

Br

RK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check also in your copy rules (tcode VTAA) the VOFM subroutines in your customizing

Check if there is a customer VOFM in these fields (look for commands as CLEAR related with these fields)

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was that sale order created without reference to any preceding document or with reference to a preceding document ?  If it was referenced, then you need to check your copy control

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member696369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales order is created with referece to Sales order.

VGBLE is updated but VBELV is not updated in succeding doucment.

for few sales documents is working fine the same copy control. let me know where can i check to further.

Br

Rk

former_member696369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

am awaiting for your valuable suggestions.

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Please see the below screenshot of VBAP i have attached

First Sales Document is created in VA01 without any reference doucment and hence Originating document is itself the Sales Document No and there is no refernce doc hence it is blank

Second Sales Doucment is a 'RK' Document type i.e. Invoice Correction, which is created with refenence to an Invoice. And hence in that case there is invoice no as refernce doc and no originating doc in this case.

I hope it clarifies the difference in two fields.

let me know in case of any question and also attach the document flow of your scenario is something is different than what i explained here.

Regards,

Aayush Jain

SAP SD Consultant