cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am configuring SCOT in our organization. I have SMTP server which need authentication to access the mail server. But this setting is not available in Solman 7.1 where as I can see the steting option available in my ECC system i.e in EHP6. Is there any setting where we can maintain authentication for the SMTP. Please refer my attache snap shot for more details. Appreciate your valuable inputs in this regard.

Solman 7.1-SCOT:

ECC-EHP6- SCOT:

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For SCOT settings please ref this doc http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47897

For Kernal release strgy pls follow this note.

OSS 1728283 - SAP Kernel 721  General Information

OSS 1553301 - 7.20 EXT Kernel - Usage

BR,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

I don't think this can be achieved by upgrading the kernel as I have the latest kernel pack with release 7.21 only. This is a Basis function which is available basis release in 731 and onward.

Regards,

Satyabrat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member206857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So I found this thread because our security team would like us to turn on TLS between SOLMAN and our SMTP gateway.

From what I can see, SOLMAN cannot do it.

7.1 SP 14 is based on NW 7.0 EHP2 SP16

I know the functionality exists in NW 731 with kernel 7.21

Anyone on SP14? Do you have the option in SCOT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

Probably best if you open a new thread on this.

BR

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is for higher release you get this option.

So i think for solman you cant go to that support pack but can go to kernel 721_ext to get the option.

Note 1724704 - SCOT: Settings for TLS and SMTP AUTH

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrat

On screen 2, press the Settings button which will then allow you to enter the username and password.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

I want to put security in solution manager which is not available as displayed in 1st screen.

The 2nd screen is my ECC system just for the reference.

I have gone through few notes and it seems this oeption is not available for Basis release 702. As my ECC system is in release 7.31 I can se the new setting available here.

1724704 - SCOT: Settings for TLS and SMTP AUTH
1747180 - SMTP via TLS and SMTP authentication

I just wonder if there is any setting or work around to achieve this in my solution manager.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrat

Having a look at various systems in my landscape, I can see that the options available are very much dependent on the Basis version.  The function we described for user/password is on the 7.40 system, but on my 7.20 system that's not there.   And I'm not aware of how to set this or whether it's available in a Basis patch.

Regards,

Graham