Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPMon : Can a BaDI be used for calling a background job on managed system

ashutosh_bhanage
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on data consistency management and BPMon.

What I am trying to do is based on the alert raised by the BPMon infrastructure on cross database comparison inconsistency, I want to trigger a background job on ECC to fix the inconsistency. BPMon has "Filter for BADI_CUSTOM_MESSAGE" and "Filter for BADI_BUILD_MESSAGE". Can I use this to call a background job on ECC. Or is there a better(correct) way to achieve what I am trying to do.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh

As you might know, you can monitor the result of CDC by using BPMon monitor "Data Collector for CDC". So by using the notification Badi that you checked, you can trigger additional action (submit certain background job via zRFC for example).

So I would say, technically it is possible.

But from security or data management perspective, human check is recommended since there can be a possibility that cause additional inconsistency.

For example, failed interface that caused temporary inconsistency re-process so some data post occur. But if temporary inconsistency was already fixed by automated program, ther were possibility to hav some inconsistency.

In Solution Manager, to manage this piece (human check), GSS DCM tool is offered where you can record inconsistency check and recovery action.

Probably you know the reason of typical  inconsistency issue and best way to manage it.

So depending on it, recommended action might be different.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashutosh_bhanage
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Keji.