cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP Traps Monitoring problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hear is my problem. I am using SNMP Traps as Auto-Reaction Method to monitor some files system. I am already receiving Traps when the file exceeds the thresholds value (when change from Green to Yellow and when change from Yellow to Red). The problem that I’m having is that I am not receiving Traps to reset these values (Reset from Red to Yellow and Reset from Yellow to Green). What do I have to do to receive those traps?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Santiago,

You can enable the green alerts. This will start the autoreaction when the "green alerts" occurs.

Check the SAP note 746193.

Cheers, Clebio Dossa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

We ahve the similar problem as you have mentioned inthe thread below,

CCMS alerts are becoming active and red and SNMP trap method is assigned.But the 3rd party system is not recieving the alerts.Network team is confirming that no messages are going out of SAP PI.

1.Am not fincing the dev_cp file in my PI server

2.Unable to confirm if traps are going out or not.

Please provide the solution.

Thanks

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could resolve the issue on CCMs side and now my alert status goes from "action required" to "ACTIVE" . also dev_cp file in work directory shows that trapsend was executed sucessfully. However TEC team still don't get any SNMP trap.

Any clue?

0 Kudos

In short, that's expected behavior.

This is not a problem of SNMP method, it is the function of Aler Monitor which only trigger alert for a "breach of threshold" but not for "return below threshold" - which is not considered an alert.

The SNMP trap is for alert notification, not status update, so your setup works perfectly per design. No problem.

If you really want to send "i'm back to normal now" type of alert, you need to setup another MTE just do the opsite of the existing one. It won't be nice (a red is shown as normal), but that's the price to pay for alert normal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santiago,

I am trying to send snmp alert from solution manager to Tivoli enterprise console. I did all configuration based on SAP document but Tivoli team keep saying that they did not receive anything. There is no way i can test on my side that what is the problem. When aler is generated, i see the MTE goes red and then alert status shows " Action required". However if I change the method to email, i receive emails. it is only SNMP which does not work.

Can you tell if i need to setup special parameter in SNMP method which i am missing. I did the following:

HOST - Tivoli server

Trapsort - UDP

Port - 162

MIB_DIR = /usr/sap//SID/SYS/exe/run/MIBS

Also is there any settings which Tivoli team has to do for receiving traps? It is possible for you to share the setup document? you can send it to me on pavanks@yahoo.com

Thanks for ur help.

Pavan