Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot view rfx response with change version in "saved" status

0 Kudos

Hi,

Consider the following situation:

1) RFx is published

2) Bidder submits a response, lets say with a price of 10 USD.

3) Bidder goes back to the response, modifies it to 12 USD and saves it. A change version is generated.

When the purchaser logs on to the RFX, he is able to view the vendor quotation no in responses and awards, but is unable to click through and view the response.

As per my understanding the purchaser should be able to view the submitted quote as 10 USD.

What should be the correct system behavior ?

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Might be a silly question here but I would still go ahead and ask.

Is the Price opening for the Rfx done?

Because I think only after that will the purchaser/tendering/evaluation committee be able to see the price.

Vipin

former_member228602
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

The system will show the saved status bid(response) and the purchaser will not be able to view the response. The ability of the purchaser to view the response is solely controlled by the bidder and he can choose to make the response visible(by submitting).

When a vendor edits the response and changes the price then it signifies that the vendor is making a different offer from the initial offer(for any reason). Hence it is correct that system shows the saved response and cannot be subjected to view from purchaser.

Thanks and Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

In the case of above, should the previously submitted response be available when clicking on Bid Comparison?

Thanks

Nurul.

former_member228602
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nurul,

Yes the bid should be available at response comparison because the previous response is still valid till the bidder chooses to submit the saved version only after it the previous version is invalidated.

1. This is because bidder may never choose to submit the new version and in which the previous bid is his best bid.

2. If he does not want the previous bid he should have withdrawn.

So in short in Response activity - Latest bid status is shown and in comparison latest valid bid is shown.

Thanks and Regards,

Veera