SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption not billed for the whole billing period when there is GAP between device changes within the bill period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installation: 12345678 billed for the billed period 01/01/2013 – 01/31/2013.

Transactions happened within the bill period

1. Device (XXXXX) removed   on 01/15/2013 at meter reading “20” CCF
  2. For one day there is no device 01/16/2013 – GAP in the bill period without the device.
  3. Device (AAAA) Installed      on 01/17/2013   at meter read “0” CCF
  4. Periodic read taken at 01/31/2013 is “30” CCF

Issue: Billed the account (Bill doc: 1000004924) it have billed only for 30 CCF but not for the whole 50 CCF.

Note: If there is No GAP then it bills the whole consumption no issues.

4 REPLIES 4

sudipkumarpatra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Check the operand acces in trnsfer rate. If the operand access is 'all values considerd' then both the value will be considered.

Suppose in transfer rate TRNSFER.

Operand ABC is taking the value from register or profile then updating the value in XYZ opernad through any variant (suppose QUANTI14).

Opernad ABC and XYZ should have access to all values considered. (chcek the access control) .

Please let me know if it is resolving your problem or not.

Regards,

Sudip

0 Kudos

Hi Sudip,

Thanks for reply.

Yes, both the operands access is all values only. Is that something specific in the variant control, because we had the values overwritten during the update? but based when we changed that to values added during the update it worked. But my question again would be ,

How come the same Variant controls adds the consumption when there is NO GAP for the device in the billing period, But it wont work if there is GAP?

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

As per variant control where values during update is working in the time of no gap in billing period and not working for any gap because when system find the gap it updtae with zero value (consumption is zeo then) nad consider only the rest period's consumption.

like, I have consumption recorded 50 in first 15 days then for two days no consumption is recorded as the device is missing. Then last 13 days consumption is 30.

So system will update 50 then value will be zero and gain 30.

If we go with values added during update then system will take 50 then add 0 and then add 30. So total consumption would be 80.

I hope now you are clear with variant controll logic.

Regards,

Sudip

0 Kudos

Thanks Sudip, I got it.