cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For some of the CVC's, in the same data view, from the current date to future 4 weeks horizon, we do not want to allow forecast to run or any changes to be made by the user in the other editable keyfigure available in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

We have following requirements.

• For some of the CVC's, in the same data view, from the current date to future 4 weeks horizon, we do not want to allow forecast to run or any changes to be made by the user in the other editable keyfigure available in DP.This means forecast and other editable keyfigure changes can be made after 4 weeks.

• Whereas for some other set of CVC's in the same data view, horizon from current data would be 6 weeks.

• again for other set of CVC we have different horizon.

Could you please let me know possible solution can be applied here.

Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Best Regards

Abhimanyu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanyu,

One solution I can think of is to use different forecast profiles for the different CVCs(Selections) and within that maintain offset for the forecast horizon with offset of the number of weeks.

This way for the set of CVCs you may have the same other forecasting setting and difference only in the offset for the forecasting horizon.

regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your reply.

Agreed, we can also do it by settings made in "offset for the forecasting horizon".

Now for other editable keyfigures- which also affects finalised forecast (eg market intelligence) , how can we have  a CVC's based control on editable keyfigure so that no one can give input for on those key figure hence my finalised forecast doesn't change for required horizon.

This "required horizon" changes with set of CVC's.

For some set of CVC's it 4 weeks and for other's it is 6 weeks and so on.....

Let me know if i am able to explain the scenario.

Best Regards

Abhimanyu

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanyu

Yes, Offset in Forecast Horizon in Master Profile will help you take care of Statistical Forecast Run.

If you can identify any condition which identifies such CVCs to specify Offset Horizon for Forecast Key figures which are used for market/event intelligence, then it can be done by writing a macro.

Example this function will let you know identify such CVCs which satisfy particular condition - ACT_IOBJNM_VALUE()

Please see if this helps.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (0)