cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum condition base value - a slight twist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is anyone aware of SAP functionality that behaves like the quantity-based "maximum condition base value" but is at a sales deal level versus a pricing condition level?

A sample scenario I would like to provide a solution for would be:

A marketing program is offered whereby a sold-to customer can order 10,000 units. Marketing has structured the program so that the price is based on destination. For example, the delivered price is different by state (ie. $300/unit in California and $315/Unit in Nevada etc.

A particular sold-to customer has numerous ship-to customers within 3 of the states that fall under the program.

The problem we are having is that we set up three different pricing conditions by destination state and have to guess at how many units should be set as the maximum condition based value per pricing condition. As the program is ordered/shipped against our customer service group monitors the program status and moves the maximum condition based value quantities as required between the pricing conditions to match how the customer is ordering the product.

Ideally I would like to see the three pricing conditions all pointing to one maximum condition based value. For example, set the 10,000 units as the target and the cumulative value of the three conditions is compared to the 10,000 units.

Any thoughts? Any true standard SAP solutions?

Thanks,

Kevin Head

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin;

Well, just a thought on this, this may be done using contract functionality...

Here it goes..

1. Create a Contract for the Sold to for 10,000 Units and let the price be same. Maintain a single price in the contract at the sold to party level.

2. Create new Price conditions for Diff ship to parties. This is to offset the additional price that you would incur based of the region that the Ship to party is in.

3. Start creating orders referring to the contract from now on.

4. Once the contract is over the system would not allow you to create new sales orders and you can have a different pricing from that point in time.

So, I think all the conditions would be pointing to the contract and once the contract expires we will know that conditions don't apply anymore.

Regards,

Mani.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin;

Can you please share if this issue is resolved if so how did you go about it. Did you find my post useful?

Regards,

Mani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mani, your post is very helpful. In fact it was an option we were considering prior to posting this message.... I was just hoping there may be another way.

Thanks,

Kevin